an idea for finding bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just thought of this the other day. maybe i'm a day late on this idea but i'm just throwing it out there...i don't know what it's like elsewhere, but here in indianapolis we have lots of people that drive around and pick up scrap metal to sell. i often see them with bikes thrown in with their loads. have any of you ever posted up outside the scrap yard and tried to get some of these bikes off these guys? offer them $5 or $10 a bike if there's anything good. it would be more than they get for selling it as scrap. you would have to be outside the yard (those workers are aggro!!!) one day i might take a bunch of 5 and 1 dollar bills, go down there and see what i come back with.

There have been folks here who have talked the scrappers out of bikes before....some at the yard and some right off the truck in traffic.

My scrap yard will not save anything, but if you are there and see something you want, throw it in your truck and you only pay for the weight, I feel like setting up camp there, because I go about once a week and always find something. AND they crush everyday

Back