Aircraft Paint Remover - not the best idea.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i sprayed my trike rear axle housing with APR thinking it woud be a great idea to remove paint. It was just a pain because it peeled off in small sections down to the bare metal but not all the paint came off in he tight areas. i'll stick to sanding.
PICT4289.jpg

I take my parts into work and use a plastic bead blasting cabinet. It would take me forever to get them down to the bare metal. I wish I had a blasting cabinet, powder coating gear, and an oven to bake the powder coating on parts at my house.

Make some bike brownies?
SuperStuff said:
I take my parts into work and use a plastic bead blasting cabinet. It would take me forever to get them down to the bare metal. I wish I had a blasting cabinet, powder coating gear, and an overn to bake parts at my house.

SuperStuff said:
I take my parts into work and use a plastic bead blasting cabinet. It would take me forever to get them down to the bare metal. I wish I had a blasting cabinet, powder coating gear, and an oven to bake the powder coating on parts at my house.
i agree media blasting is the way i go. plus that aircraft stripper is killer on the skin.

wuss its just a chemical burn haha
it takes a few coats you pretty much have to soak it in and let it sit for a little bit
i found it works to blast it with a hose afterwards or a pressure washer if you have one
but a normal spray nozzle works as well

Latest posts

Back