'95 Dyno/Gt Air freestyle bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the latest full bike I bought this past weekend. I bought it from the original owner. I swear he must have only ridden it in the driveway and kept it in the garage the last 13 years. Amazing mint paint on this.

GT_Dyno_Air-1.jpg

GT_Dyno_Air-2.jpg

GT_Dyno_Air-3.jpg

GT_Dyno_Air-4.jpg

I couldn't tell from the pictures the owner sent exactly how good it was. I was floored when I saw the bike in person. It was well worth the 3 hrs in the car to/from to get it.

That is a sweet looking bike.

Just curious....what's the latest BMX bikes that you would want to consider as collectible or desirable by collectors?

I know anything 80s and older is hot, but is there 90s stuff that is wanted by collectors also?

In other words....when did BMX go to pot?...ha ha.

Rat Rod said:

Just curious....what's the latest BMX bikes that you would want to consider as collectible or desirable by collectors?

I know anything 80s and older is hot, but is there 90s stuff that is wanted by collectors also?

I'm too new to BMX bikes. I don't think I'm qualified to say. I think when someone tries to buy a bike from his childhood that he once had or wanted to have back in the day it starts to become collectible to them. I didn't think I would buy a 90s bmx bike, but I did once I saw it.

Rat Rod said:

As far as what is valueable...maybe 97 or so at the latest. You can kind of tell when GT's changed in style, as for other brands like it, around the same time or earlier.

I've been looking for years now for a 92 Performer, black and red, you wouldn't think too valueable, but I lost one at $240 not long ago.

Rat Rod said:

BMX pretty much never went to pot. What I mean to say, is there was always a company that stepped into the dark years (late 80s through to the late 90s) of the BMX market and fulfilled the needs of the hardcore BMX and BMX freestyle kids.

Many companies went the WalMart and Kmart direction. In the end, that left a void to be filled in the independent bike stores by bikes of real quality.

Names like 2 Hip, Auburn, Badd, Balance, Bontrager, Boss, Brooklyn Machine Works... and the list goes on were building real quality BMX bikes while Schwinn, BMX Products, and others built bikes overseas in order to sell at a lower price required by the big box stores or just went out of business.

The early part of 2000 all the way through today hasn't been too bad either and has produced some of the finest bikes ever.

Names like Alliant, Kappa, Azusa, Cannondale, Cheeta, Clayborn, Crupi, Dingo, Dirt Brothers, Dirt Master, Dirt Werx, and DK, to name a few.

btw, that Dyno rocks :!: Very cool bike.

I just picked up a similar one of these.

The purple is awesome! I have the same one but in green and honestly, it's one of my faves to get out and just ride. Not oozing the coolness of my old school stuff but the fun factor is high!

Nice Dyno! Yup, interest, and therefor 'cash' is moving into the 90s right now. I see it shifting right before my eyes. It is the time to buy those bikes as the prices are rising fast. If you have the right bike.Look at the Bully bashguard Heyslugger bought the other day. I feel like I just saw one of those sell for $800 on the bay. An anomolly maybe, but an interesting sign. Some say S&M will be the new Hutch. I think if you find grass roots rider owned brands, who kept BMX alive w/o big fancy sponsors covered jump suits, after the sell-out to wal-marts, you will do fine. Made in USA especially.

Right now I am on a Standard Byke kick. Hoffman 'big daddys' go for some bucks now too. Currently, closer to the mid/early 90s the better.

Back