86 PEUGEOT ORIENT EXPRESS

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Picked up this minty 85 Peugeot Orient Express MTB yesterday about 15 minutes from my house. Got it home, gave it a bath and installed some Kenda gumwalls that I had. Seems to all be in amazing shape except for a little chain slap on the rear chainstay. I asked about the seat and seat post and the seller said that his Uncle had them replaced at some point and the originals were long gone.

The bike has some decent components like the ARAY 7X wheel set with SUZUE sealed hubs, TANGE headset and BB, SR stem and pedals, Sugino crank set, Suntour shifters and derailleurs and the DiaCompe brakes. I like the fact that it has all of the mounting locations for racks.

IMG_8580.JPG

IMG_1567.JPG

IMG_5908.JPG

IMG_8725.JPG

IMG_8633.JPG

IMG_5380.JPG

IMG_1770.JPG

IMG_4862.JPG

IMG_7115.JPG

IMG_4472.JPG

IMG_6905.JPG

IMG_9974.JPG

catalog.jpg

My first MTB I purchased from the LBS that mostly sold Schwinns but they had this too. Mine was red and my twin brother's was dark blue. Ours were probably a year or 2 newer with the unicrown fork.

Nice bikes with lots of cool parts. The Suntour Powershifters are my favorite shifters (I have a couple of pairs hoarded).

Back