74 Camaro, Got A Transmission..

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well this is what I want the finished product to look like...except 74 version
So long as you use the same motor they did! Or better yet,check out project, "F bomb," Hot Rod magazine did....
Small blocks are for kids, big pig blocks are for us knuckle heads....

Well its not your average small block, 4 bolt main steel crank,6 inch rods 10.5 to 1 Keith Black pistons,balanced,line honed ,decked,comp cams (can't remember the specs) The heads are off a 70 350 1.94 ,s but heavily ported,screw in studs,guide plates,Manley valves,I still have to get the roller rockers,Intake ,carb. I went with a small block simply because I live in a rural area, and gas,well big blocks don't usually sip....

I hear that, plus as far as power to weight ratio you'd be able to make the same power from a small block as you would get from a stock or even reasonably modified big block and have a lot less weight. Plus there is nothing cheaper to build up than a Chevy 350.

Nice car dude I had a 73 split front bumper wish I still had it oh well one of my buddy's has a 70 Camaro that has the same look as the one you posted, It has a 572 crate motor and a six speed rear end is 4,11 this car rips and with the six speed the MPG is not bad there is not any RPM range that this car will sit your ... in the seat.

Chris,model-a

A little progress...I was on delivery and I noticed this 66 El Camino that I eyeball everytime I am in this neighborhood except this time he had the wheels changed to rally's ,so the next time I seen the guy who owned it I asked about his old slot mags....all said and done I picked these up fo $100 tires and wheels even lug nuts. Then I took my heads in to get finished at my buddy,s shop and he ended up giving me this old TM1 Edelbrock...score city.

Went to a swapmeet in Petaluma, sold a Schwinn roadbike and a 90 Redline BMX along with a bunch of Hot Wheels,Muscle Machines ect....made profit and was able to buy a Tremec 5 speed out of a 86 IROC for $250, now I need to decide if I want to convert to Hydraulic Clutch or mechanical....thoughts

Back