70s Rollfast information

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
need some information on 19 seventies Rollfast bicycles. this is what I got from Big Daddy:
20131229_062711_zpsf0bdbcfc.jpg

I have looked for this bike on the internet and only found one picture of this frame, and only one member in the Roll fast thred has one. Notice the twin top tube arrangement:
20131229_062725_zpsfccbeba7.jpg

20131229_062608_zpsb8f70fa6.jpg

Are these worth anything to restore?
Or, should I feel free to mad whack it and put some 700 wheels on it? and as always paint it black........

I'd do it up like I did my brother's JC Higgins. Clean and wax the original paint until it looks as good as it will get, then put some high pressure 26 x 1.50 tires on the original wheels.

15xjx4o.jpg

Yep, it'll fly down the bike path. It already had the Murray 52 tooth sprocket on the front to get the high enough gear, the Rollfast may be too easy to pedal with high pressure tires, so a smaller rear sprocket , one or 2 less teeth, might help. I'd keep the original Rollfast sprocket up front, it looks like a 48 tooth. My Schwinn balloon tire bike, with the new 57mm 3G wheels and smooth tread on bigger tires is fast also, but that's because of the lightweight rims. So, if you had lightweight wheels and high pressure tires, you would really fly!

I have 1.5s on a couple bikes already and they do fly!
For this bike I'm thinking I want to get a Denali or one of those other cheap import 700 C bikes, rape it for parts and make it 48-16 3 speeder coaster....

That style frame first came out around 1959. There was a second version without the lower tube also. The BMA/6 sticker dates yours to 1971 or later. Rollfast's manufacturing co., Snyder, went out of business around 1976, and sold some of their frame building equipment to Emory. It's a fairly common frame, so have fun. -Adam

Thank you rustinkerer.
I also found out what you said.
This bike is a H.P. Snyder
Not rollfast, nor ross.
The stickers that are on it are stickers, they can get pealed and restuck.
But yes, the bma sticker was a good clue, 70s bike.
The bendix coaster, 70s fame
So I contacted .NBHAA.com with the serial number, they told me what it is.
Kinda odd, not that it makes them worth pressed poo!

Last edited:
I did some 1500 grit wetsanding and then clear coated it:

20131231_130252_zps9eefb27a.jpg

Alloy rims, stem and bars are in its near future.

It looks great. I think all the H. P. Snyder bikes were Rollfast branded when yours was made.

Snyder didn't own the Rollfast name, it was actually owned by D.P. Harris Hardware Co., they started out making ball bearings and roller skates. Later, contracted Snyder to build bikes. Snyder also made a lot of Hawthornes for Ward's, and Firestones in the late 50s-early 60s. They had a bunch of different badges in the 30s and 40s. -Adam

In the past I always gave the genrric (chainstore) bikes a pass,this one and RRB have changed my view about them. I love this frames lines, I love it has no collectors value, I love I can build it to my tastes, I love I am not looking for original parts!
And best of all, if looks tough.

Latest posts

Back