"69 Schwinn Panther

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
0095.jpg

1969 Schwinn Panther. Was my wifes Grandfathers bike. I stripped the frame, forks and chainguard and had them powdercoated black. Put 1967 Schwinn apehangers and a 1959 Miller light setup on it. Just put Kenda white walls on over the weekend. Homemade leather tassles with skull ends and a Schwinn handlebar bag.

My panther

Hotrodpanther.jpg

Haha mine is all original except for tires and bars. haha Original horn even works. :D Aint she Sexy. I call it the green monster haha i race kids around here (im 16) its won me some cash, haha its payed for itself in fun, all the thumbs ups and stuff. I only paid 25 bucks for her, what a deal eh?!?!?! haha

very cool you had your work cut out for you on that one. i dig the more original look just adding the tall bars. maybe that is what i will do on my 53 speedster 2 speed. but i am going to clean up the paint as best i can rather than repaint as you did. actually mine looks a lot like yours in the original state. can you say ratty?

the paint was actually falling off. I stripped some off just by rubbing my hand across it!! :shock: A buddy has a friend that powdercoats and did it for free. He's gonna be MY buddy soon!! The black/white seat came from a thrift store, buy the seat and get a huffy for free kinda deal!! 6 bucks

Back