64 Moulton 4 speed and 67 Moulton automatic

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just recently found theses 2.
80BD82C5-36A2-44D6-BC01-495B69F32EED.jpeg
F8BD1C89-EB7F-46FE-B05E-BEB174605810.jpeg

Killer scores. I love the little Moultons.
I used mine to explore the damage of Hurricane Matthew here in Savannah about 6 years ago.

1651598501530.png

Are those 14" or 16" or 17" wheels & tires on those?

Hey Dave,
I'm pretty sure that I looked at that pair of bikes in Toronto five, six,seven years ago from the original family.
They've been together forever and still are... that's cool.
I was always curious what became of them.
Nice save. They couldn't have found a better home. Enjoy.

Are those 14" or 16" or 17" wheels & tires on those?
The tires are 16 x 1.35. They are bigger than standard 16 inch tires. The wheels are 16x 1 3/8. The tires Brompton uses are this size as well. They are an odd size and tires can be a challenge to find at times.

Last edited:
Hey Dave,
I'm pretty sure that I looked at that pair of bikes in Toronto five, six,seven years ago from the original family.
They've been together forever and still are... that's cool.
I was always curious what became of them.
Nice save. They couldn't have found a better home. Enjoy.
Not sure if it’s the same ones, possibly. The people I bought them from are from Toronto tho. They told me the bikes had been sitting in a basement since the 80’s. I sold the gold 4 speed to a fellow Moulton enthusiast in London as he wanted a project bike. I’m refurbishing the red one. I just got back the parts from the powdercoater. They will both be back on the road to start new lives. The soft candy red paint really pops in the sun! The only problem I had in disassembly was the rear pivot bolt. It was completely seized so I had to Order a new one from the UK. This bike will be for sale once reassembly is done in case you know someone who would like to buy it.
D6391119-024A-457A-B7C1-37E108C06B7C.jpeg

Last edited:
Not sure if it’s the same ones, possibly. The people I bought them from are from Toronto tho. They told me the bikes had been sitting in a basement since the 80’s. I sold the gold 4 speed to a fellow Moulton enthusiast in London as he wanted a project bike. I’m refurbishing the red one. I just got back the parts from the powdercoater. They will both be back on the road to start new lives. The soft candy red paint really pops in the sun! The only problem I had in disassembly was the rear pivot bolt. It was completely seized so I had to Order a new one from the UK. This bike will be for sale once reassembly is done in case you know someone who would like to buy it. View attachment 192671
I seen one of these in Montreal.

Not sure if it’s the same ones, possibly. The people I bought them from are from Toronto tho. They told me the bikes had been sitting in a basement since the 80’s. I sold the gold 4 speed to a fellow Moulton enthusiast in London as he wanted a project bike. I’m refurbishing the red one. I just got back the parts from the powdercoater. They will both be back on the road to start new lives. The soft candy red paint really pops in the sun! The only problem I had in disassembly was the rear pivot bolt. It was completely seized so I had to Order a new one from the UK. This bike will be for sale once reassembly is done in case you know someone who would like to buy it. View attachment 192671
The pair that I viewed in were also in a basement in the Dundas West and Dufferin Street, (Little Portugal) area of Toronto.

There must be "something in the water" up there to have seen/purchased as many as you have (good for you). You don't see Moultons in FL, USA and the only one I have seen I bought it. Now I can't find parts for sale for it....I'll enjoy whatever I can cobble together....

I just finished refurbishing this 1965 Moulton 4 speed that I picked up a couple months ago. Powdercoated the frame silver. I painted the fenders myself . New tires. I got a nice vintage Wrights saddle cheap locally that just needed a good cleaning and conditioning plus some dye. New cables and a few other parts. Rides nicely!
IMG_3569.jpeg
IMG_3564.jpeg
IMG_3565.jpeg
IMG_3567.jpeg
IMG_3566.jpeg
IMG_3568.jpeg

Latest posts

Back