63 Stingray

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got home with this about an hour ago, an original paint E3 63 Stingray. All decals are original except chainguard is a newer water slide decal. Everything is original except seat/seatpost and sissy bar. It even has an original made in USA Schwinn cheater slick! I'll be putting this up on the bay tomorrow night, bought it simply to flip and help with medical bills.

bikes042-1.jpg

The old man I bought it from was the second owner and said he bought at a yard sale in Illinois like this without a seat and sissy bar to put in his basement/bar. I didn't ask many questions, just wanted to get out of there before he changed his mind, but he was certain this is how he bought it. I wonder if I can figure out if it's a company original or just a rebuilt typhoon? Would there be any records of noncirculated stingrays?

I remember the whole debate on the schwinn site. What does that dealer sticker on the downtube say? I remember a few real ones that came from Oklahoma I believe. I think there were a few black ones made for promotion but they were never production. Being that your chainguard has been rescreened doesn't help you though. Also is the front fork a caliper fork? I remember that being a point because the Typhoons didn't have caliper forks.

Yes, I'm seriously thinking about just parting it out. I already have my hands full with the porsche on ebay, I'm getting 10-20 involved questions everyday. I don't need every stingray expert writing me about this bike. Just thought it was cool, couldn't pass it up. Thanks CCR for all of the info you wrote me. Ratina- the front forks do not have a hole for brakes, the sticker is barely visible and looks to say The Cycle Center Schwinn sales and service with either IN or Ill I can't tell.

I might be interested in the complete bike. I am not concerned about original. PM me

Latest posts

Back