3rd Annual BOGUS BOMB RUN and Poker Run- Ride pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
We completed the 3rd Annual Bogus Bomb Run this last Saturday. The ride starts at the parking lot of the local ski hill-Bogus Basin. The ride is 16 miles all down hill back to my house with a elevation change of 3500 feet. There were only 2 coasterbrake only bikes after last years wrecks. I rode the Chunky Monkey with a drum brake upfront. We stopped 4 times on the way down for beverages and to get another poker card.

Here are the pics that I took. Hopefully I should have a few more pics when others send them to me maybe even a video.

Top of the hill

c93bfa0a.jpg

8d660932.jpg

The Mayor

b5cdf804.jpg

Even had some Spandex

36ad8642.jpg

Last stop before my house

eb48b4d9.jpg

The Duck

e203fec8.jpg

Beer Wagon

60795501.jpg

c58ef1a8.jpg

That looks like a _@&*%@&%)*%_ lotta FUN!

Joe

It takes about 1.5- 2hrs from the top depending on stops. We take our time and enjoy the ride and beverages. We did clock upto 35-38mph on some stretches. :shock: The poker run added some fun too with silly prizes.

We did it the weekend after TdF this year. I volunteered with the Boise Bike Project at TdF. So the night before we had a meeting and the TdF Carnies came by. I ended up going downtown and having a few with them. Bunch of nice guys. I rode in the parade then manned the water station and bike valet as needed. Afterwords BBP helped to break down the whole deal. I broke down lots of tents and found the secret token stash.

Back