#32 The Backwoods Brawl'er

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Wards Hawthorne frame from Crassly is what I will be building off of. I took this pic the day it arrived. It even came with brand new chain tension bolts :D Thanks again Crassly!
I haven't been able to find out the model name of this bike if anyone has any clues I would be interested.

DSC09901.jpg

I just got a box of old horns from the bay so I can make the horn functional. The one thats in the tank is rusted beyond being able to honk without some serious help.

DSC09916.jpg

Re: #34 The Backwoods Brawl'er

I'm gonna throw out the guess that your bike was made by Colson, as based on those winged rear drop outs. Looks like a great start to the RRBO.

Are you making a tank? Or, are you going to incorporate the original one?

I will be using the original tank it should fit over top of the gussets. The gussets are to keep the front end from tearing off. Just need to figure out some sort of quick release system for the tank though so it can be easily removed.

Rollin Double Sixes said:
This is the one that got away, I hate being outbid haha. :? So I will be painting the tank similar to this one.

phan1.jpg

I have this exact same bike. A Red and Black Belknap bluegrass. with a Bendix 2 speed. There is a 24" girls on craigslist in Southern CA right now.
I'm looking forward to seeing your finished bike. Mine is taking forever.

Johnny

JohnnyB.Nutty said:
I have this exact same bike. A Red and Black Belknap bluegrass. with a Bendix 2 speed. There is a 24" girls on craigslist in Southern CA right now.

Johnny

I would love to see a pic of yours. That bike is near the top of my wish list. I believe it is the same as a Huffy Customliner, the only difference I could see was the badging and paint.
There may be a delay getting my frame put together. I need to have a NEMA 5-20R receptacle installed so I can use my new welder or I will need to make a trip to my parents house to weld the gussets. Still need to get some brakes, tires, bars, grips, and stem. So much to do and not much time left.

Rollin Double Sixes said:
JohnnyB.Nutty said:

Johnny

I would love to see a pic of yours. That bike is near the top of my wish list. I believe it is the same as a Huffy Customliner, the only difference I could see was the badging and paint.
There may be a delay getting my frame put together. I need to have a NEMA 5-20R receptacle installed so I can use my new welder or I will need to make a trip to my parents house to weld the gussets. Still need to get some brakes, tires, bars, grips, and stem. So much to do and not much time left.

I just posted a pic of my Belknap in the fresh finds section. Any progress on your build?

This build is down and out with a TKO. I don't have the funds to complete in time. I will leave you with a mock up of what I hoped would be a knock out punch. I will be ready for the next one.

I hope to complete the build by winter.
DSC00040.jpg

This is what I hope this bike will be capable of.
DSC00007-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back