3-IN-1 Models

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingfish254

BUILD COOL BIKES AND HAVE FUN!!
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
130   0   0
Does anyone remember the old school 3-IN-1 Models where they had enough parts that you could actually choose 3 different versions of the same model?
Saw this at Wally world and it brought back fun memories.

WP_000767.jpg

I just bought a Revell 50 Ford F1 model, 2 in 1 but the only difference is it came with some fancy rims and tires, optional decals and a different front axle and leaf springs to lower the truck ... I will be building it up like my FIL's truck he had back in the day though his was a 6 cyl and not an over carb'd street rod :mrgreen:

I ought to go back and buy this model to replicate the t-shirt

webshirt.jpg

I miss the days of doing model cars, you used to be able to get them everywhere, now only two places in town even carry them. I've got a monogram '29 ford truck just like that i built a few months back but mine wasn't the 3 in 1.

outskirtscustoms said:
I miss the days of doing model cars, you used to be able to get them everywhere, now only two places in town even carry them. I've got a monogram '29 ford truck just like that i built a few months back but mine wasn't the 3 in 1.

Yeah, and now they're $19.99 instead of $7! :shock: -Adam

Yeah, but $7 in 1968 is equivalent to $46 today. Or the other way around, $20 today is like $3 in 1968.
So the models are actually 57% cheaper now.
Plus your allowance is higher than it was in 1968. :mrgreen:

Ill have to post the one I built. Its got a tool box 12 pack and carbs in the bed like someones doing a carb swap along with keys sitting on the fender.

Here's the one I built inside my garage diorama complete with lights and the bare metal Shelby Cobra project.
image-121.jpg

image-122.jpg

image-123.jpg

Looks like your garage is sponsored by the USPS just like Lance Armstrong. Where is the blood transfusion table located at??????

kingfish254 said:
Looks like your garage is sponsored by the USPS just like Lance Armstrong. Where is the blood transfusion table located at??????
Yep, used USPS boxes little glue, few staples, and brick textures printed from the computer. The inside isn't done yet. Printer ran out of ink doing the outside and I never finished it.

Back