2014 SE RACING 26" OM FLYER

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Had a bike in the for sale section last week and Mike from Mike's Island Bikes in Fernandina Beach, Florida sent me a PM asking if I'd be interested in a trade. Mike's shop carries a huge selection of SE Racing BMX cruisers among several other great brands. I ended up trading him for a brand new 2014 SE Racing 26" OM Flyer. For those who don't know, "OM" stands for "Old Man" which was Scot Breithaupt's nickname he earned back in the 70s when he started his BMX bike company "Scot Enterprises."

Anyway, the bike arrived today and I managed to get it assembled in about 20 minutes. It's hard to capture the brightness of the orange on this bike. :shock: As with all SE Racing products, the quality is outstanding. Sealed bearings all around, nice 3 piece cranks, double walled rims with mohawk hubs, chromoly frame/fork and bars and a nice cushioned suede seat. You just have to smile the whole time you're putting it together. :mrgreen:

The bike has a 22.5" long top tube. Combine that with the 26" wheels and you've got a great riding bike for an adult. Bike is very sold and rides ultra smooth. The Kenda K-Rad tires make for great street cruising.

Mike's Island Bikes
5472 First Coast Hwy. #11
Fernandina Beach, Florida 32034
(904) 261-6131

Here are a few pics...

55sn.jpg

nyhr.JPG

vnuf.jpg

0ibh.jpg

w6p3.jpg

9jpr.jpg

oi9h.jpg

bpzw.jpg

d88o.jpg

rmhw.jpg

ofix.jpg

drcz.jpg

qfvi.jpg

epsc.jpg

hh0j.jpg

bgey.jpg

prr4.jpg

xlf8.jpg

Thats a sweet bike! I have a 2011 model and its my daily rider to work.
I love the orange and those box style cranks are too cool!

Love that orange! I didn't have enough spare cash at the time to justify a bike I didn't need, but there was a Big Ripper for $250 on CL I wanted. I like the steel frame OM better, but at over 6'1", the larger frame and 29er wheels fit me better. One of these days, I'll pull the trigger on a sweet lookin' SE.

Nice Ride, Local shop has the same unit, and a couple of the 29" versions, Santa may be getting an I been a good boy letter soon....

Back