2009 Art Of The Bicycle. AWESOME! (photos and videos added)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wichita, Ks.
2009aotb-2.jpg

Also live music, the worlds largest bike ride after the show and a swapmeet Saturday morning. Details at http://ArtOfTheBicycle.com
Stopped by tonight to drop off the Bike Of Frankenstein. The place is filling up with a lot of cool bikes and bicycle photography.
I'll have photos later this weekend.

Re: 2009 Art Of The Bicycle. AWESOME!

I dont have anything to base my opinion on since this was my very first time going to the "Art of the Bicycle" show.... but WOW!!! Ive never seen so many people in one spot, that video above is only a small sampling of the people, the street out front was jammed with several hundred all night.

And the display was awesome, I heard lots of positive comments from people coming and going or just milling about.

After the show, the "Worlds largest bike ride" was pretty cool too!!

I had a great time :D

Re: 2009 Art Of The Bicycle. AWESOME!

What a night! As for turnout it was probably our biggest show yet. I was told a head count of 1200 was taken at a gallery down the street. I'm sure we easily surpassed that. Several new participants and bikes this year and more photography than in previous shows. The World's Largest Bike Ride was a lot bigger this year as was the swap.
All the photos can be seen here.

Here are just a few...
Dangratsdan's build off bike
IMG_8332.JPG

Ratfink1962's KFC
IMG_8339.JPG

My Bike of Frankenstein
IMG_8336.JPG

Michael Jackson tribute bike
IMG_8253.JPG

IMG_8236.JPG

IMG_8376.JPG

IMG_8338.JPG

Nice write up in the paper prior to show
eagle_article.jpg

Looks like an awesome show, thanks for sharing dude.

It was a great show. I'm sure there was nothing in town that could have been more fun. A beautiful evening inside and out. I bet there was close to 2000 people went thru the show. Lots of cool bikes in the show, and probably a couple of hundred of bikes out outside the building. The worst part about it was how fast the evening went by, just never enough time when your having fun. I got home about 1:00 am and could've gone on till 6:00 am and that would have been fine with me.

Ratfink1962 said:
Between Larry the pixie skiddin and wheelie poppin exibition, and some crazy long haired dude :lol: running around putting "motors" on every bike :lol:
it was an awesome night!

Yea, seeing Mr. Larry (he's almost 50 years old) riding a wheelie on his full dressed 1930s Hawthorne is really cool.
And what do you mean "some crazy long haired dude", thats "some OLD crazy long haired dude" . I'm not that old, still got a few years before I reach 60.
I gave out about 100 motors between the Thursday night ride and the Friday night show and ride, and could have given out lots more if I had them.
A motor = a card and a clothes pin, stamped with "Art of the Bicycle", to put in the spokes.
BLAP BLAP BLAPBLAP BLAPBLAP BLAPBLAPBLAP BLAPBLAPBLAP BLAPBLAPBLAPBLAPBLAPBLAP

Life is for enjoying. Make people SMILE.

Back