2008 SCHWINN MADISON

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
I thought this was a cool looking fixed gear bike that Schwinn has in their 2008 catalog.

Nice use of old school colors and lettering.

Looks like it retails for $549

2600_1_large.jpg

It is a sweet bike. Schwinn didn't make enough of them, I've been waiting for some for two months now.

Bicyclerick said:
It is a sweet bike. Schwinn didn't make enough of them, I've been waiting for some for two months now.

Ha Ha...that figures....you know that they have billions of the cheap Wal-Mart bikes sitting around. :D

I have the 07 Version of this bike...its a great bike. Made in Taiwan, but the quality is decent. Rides fast and is a work horse.
1521414384_a8800c35e1_o.jpg

One cool thing about the 08 one is that the entire frame is chrome because they decided to have chrome rear stays. They paint over most of it, BUT if you were to do strip the paint....you'd have a much shinier bike and might need some 8) to ride.

brandonehansen said:
I have the 07 Version of this bike...its a great bike. Made in Taiwan, but the quality is decent. Rides fast and is a work horse.
1521414384_a8800c35e1_o.jpg

One cool thing about the 08 one is that the entire frame is chrome because they decided to have chrome rear stays. They paint over most of it, BUT if you were to do strip the paint....you'd have a much shinier bike and might need some 8) to ride.
Somethign like this makes me want to build a fixie, this thing is AWESOME!

I got one of those cheap on closeout at the LBS.

Madison_1.jpg

Changed a few thing like adding the cable clips and switched out the headbadge for an oldschool style one.

Setup now with knobbies for early spring. Whenever that comes. Then I'll use it as my daily commuter again.

Winter in Wisconsin is when I ride studded tires daily on my commuterr bike.

Back