$20 schwinn

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry, no pictures yet, but last weekend a coworker of mine who saw my re columbia parked in the bike rack sold me his 08 schwinn point beach 7speed cruiser for $20. he had told me about it a few months ago and decided he wanted it to go to someone whod appreciate it more. it looks exactly like the one in the walmart guide, two tone red and white in very good condition. he had put solid inner tubes in it, which i had replaced in the first hour and he said he only rode it once like 4 miles. the stock seat got replaced with a real schwinn seat, too. i had knocking come from the rear freewheel bad in 4th and not so bad in 5th... so untill i replace the fw, i put on another aluminum rear wheel that matches the front almost perfectly with a 7speed cassette and 12-28 gears to mate to the 44tooth chainring. the v brakes were "realy fun" :roll: to adjust, but the bike can now stop on a dime.

really great bike, smokin price and im trying not to hold the fact thats its a paciffic cycle co bike against it. anyone else out there had any experience with on of these point beachs?

Wow, great buy! They're like $180ish new. I bought one a couple years ago, put ww tires on, a tan crashrail seat, and og bow pedals... But I haven't gotten around to actually riding it! :oops: But I plan on getting it on the road this spring. I just need to replace the grips w/some vintage white ones. Looks like a "real" Schwinn now! ...I had a similar Jaguar that I bought from target before that. Rode decent. But when the PB came out, I was like "must have"!! -Adam

i know the kid i got it from for a few years, great kid, just into computers and video games alot more than bikes. i know its not stolen, still i feel bad for having bought such a sweet (looking) bike for so little. i just put white walls on it yesterday and my wife says it looks like a candy cane and thats what she calls it and i call it my "chinese cadillac".

Back