2 BMX bikes found in the trash

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't found many bikes in the trash so I gotta savor the small victories.

2384850122_2bfdc64db8.jpg

The chrome Mongoose was found on my ride home from work here in Bristol. I spotted it from up the road (I like shiny things). I rolled it home next to my commuter bike. The red Free Spirit was seen in the trash by my girlfriend in Rochester. She called me up and asked if I wanted it, and then brought it down with her when she came to visit. I think she's a keeper (the girlfriend). As for the bikes, I don't really know much about BMX bikes, but I am pretty sure these aren't top of the line in any way. I will probably steal parts off for a couple of other projects, but with the parts left over I think I will build up a BMX ride for myself. I am diggin the old school handle bars on the Free Spirit.

more pics:
2384019857_b29238df39.jpg

2384020461_fac0521960.jpg

There is something about saving a bike from the trash.. It just warms my heart..lol

Great score!

I'd probably clean that Free Spirit up as best I could...that looks like a cool
vintage BMXer...the kind I would have had as a kid...CHEAP...ha ha!

kids go through bmx bikes and parts like they go through sox and underwear, keep anything ya dont use and give 'em to a shop that will use 'em or maybe donate to a thrift store so some kid can get good tires for a buck. and break shoes, i always keep good brake shoes and quality brakes if they come my way, everytime a kid brings his bike to my house during the summer wanting me to fix it brakes are always the first thing i repair if i can.
fast eddie outty

Almost always some cool stuff to salvage off the bmx bikes. Whether it be pedals, sprocket, goose neck or whatever. I spotted a dumped bmx yesterday. I couldn't take the whole thing at the time so I just snatched the pedals which are like the ones on your chrome find.

I think one of life's greatest and simplest pleasures is stripping a bike down for parts. No pressure and parts are easier to stash then whole bikes. :lol:

Back