2 Big Seattle Events

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone

I thought I would do my part to promote two Pacific NW old bike events that are coming up soon. I am not part of the organization for either of these events but I have included contact information for each in case you are interested in further details or vending.

Phil Marshall

Seattle Bike Swap
Contact: David Douglas at (206) 769-6575 or e-mail at: [email protected]

This event is the largest of its type in Washington and fills a WW2 airplane hanger with used bikes and parts ranging from casual mountain bikes to last years racing equipment. Most of what turns up is for the derailleur crowd but there are usually a few venders with Muscle, Middleweight, Balloon and Pre-balloon bikes and parts.

This event is very well attended and buyers form a two block long line at the door by opening time.

Date: Sat. Feb. 21st
Time: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
(7400 Sand Point Way NE - 2 miles north of the University of Washington)
General Admission: 9 am to 1 pm - $5 then from 1 pm to 2 pm entry is FREE!
(Kids15 and under are FREE at any time!)

Vendor Information:
Cost: Vendor Space - $40 for a selling space - 10' x 10' area, includes two vendor passes. After Jan. 23rd the price increases to $50 per space so book early!
Note: Space does NOT include a table. You can rent a 6 foot table for $10
Vendor registration:
Available online at http://www.active.com.

Additional Information:
Web Site with room layout and directions: http://www.cascade.o

Puget Sound Vintage and Classic Bike Swap Meet
Kent Washington National Guard Armory, Sunday March 29th

(Mike has promised a new event specific web site but this is not yet up)

2009 marks the 21st year for this annual event. The emphasis at Kent is collectible bikes and parts and the range is from turn of the century to middleweight and muscle with a focus on balloon bikes and parts. The event fills the National Guard Armory and the surrounding parking lot. Generally around 50 vendors, hundreds of bikes, thousands of parts, and easily 300 plus attending.

There are usually additional activities planned for Saturday before the event so if you are planning on attending from a distance check in with our local bike concierge, Ron Summer, at 206 364-0922

rms, thanks dude, forgot about these two. hopefully in feb. we can get a ride going around here.

Outlaw

Sweet, the Kent one sounds like it's worth seeing.

Man...... I cant make either one.... :(

I will be at the bike swap this weekend. Probably later than early. Need to make sure work is going ok and then I will sneak off to the big meet (assuming sometime after 11 will be the best I can do). I will be the tall guy wearing the FedEx blues cruising whats left during an extended lunch break. Grab me by the ear and say hi if you see me.
T

I’ll be vending at space #59 (still don’t know what I’m bringing). If you can get there before noon you'll see more, it really starts ramping down after that and is pretty much over before 2 p.m. but the deals do get better as the day winds on.

Phil

Unless there are some older 70's vintage klunker/mtb/bmx parts, or possibly the right prewar Schwinn waiting, I am really going for what will be left of the the crowd and the good vibes. I would love to get there earlier to take it all in, but work takes priority. Who knows though. I say this now and then will end up going home with some carbon fiber super mondo deluxe that catches my eye. I will look up space 59 though. Anyone else going to be there from RR...
T

Back