$2.00 find

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I pass by a scrap yard/2nd hand place with a pile of bicycles laying in the weeds, almost everyday, but I'm usually going somewhere, or it's closed. Last Friday I went by and he was open, and I was on my way home. Everything in the pile was picked over, with no real finds. I did see a set of rusty apes, and a 20" boys stingray style frame, along with the yellow girls frame. I asked what he wanted for the apes, and the boys frame, he said $1.00. I then asked what he wanted for the girls frame, he said $1.00. I paid the $2.00 and put them in my truck. I started to look some more, but he yelled it was time to go. So I might go back another day and see if he has anything else I can use. The boys frame says free spirit on the front. I didn't look at the girls frame for a name. I've wanted to build another 20" stingray, and this will give me all the parts I was missing. Other than the hole in the bottom of the seat tube the boys frame is pretty nice. I already cut down the broken apes on the girls frame for another project. :)
100_0660.jpg

good stuff for a little more than a large coffee.
that boys frame looks like a 3 peice crank.
what's up w/ that?

Back