1956 schwinn hornet winter project

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i worked on this over the winter. it's finally getting warm enough to cruise around, and wanted to show it off. i think this is a transition bike, it has s7's and middleweight fenders and crank. it's a keeper, so i set it up the way i like it. mesinger leather saddle. seven seatpost. wald bars and panther stem. chrome s7's with 2 speed kickback. i'm happy with it, but still have some more work i want to do.
P1030758.jpg

P1030764.jpg

P1030765.jpg

You should be happy with it, it looks great.

Nice bike and I like the line you used... "it's a keeper, so i set it up the way i like it". Thats the best attitude to have when it comes to the bikes we build on this site!!

**** That should be the sites tagline ****

WAY TO GO

BankerRAt said:
Nice bike and I like the line you used... "it's a keeper, so i set it up the way i like it". Thats the best attitude to have when it comes to the bikes we build on this site!!

I agree 100 % :!: :!:

nice hornet !heres' my hornet started 10 years ago could never bring myself to strip that tank to repaint so here is how it stays for now ?..

schwinncollection014.jpg

sorry for the poor barn door pic. my photo skills are still not soo good .. :oops:

Rodland said:
BankerRAt said:

I agree 100 % :!: :!:

Absolutely YES!

Metal Miltia, thats a beautiful Hornet. Don't blame you for wantin' to show it off. It definately gets a
thumbsupsmiley.jpg
from me!

wow, thanks for all the love, i definitely feel at home here. i had always wanted a straighbar with a tank, and i finally found this one about and brought it home in pieces. i have the original parts i replaced, just in case i have to pass it on, but have no plans to so. i appreciate all the comments, MM
p.s. here's a before pic, which appears to look in better condition than it really was.
P1030139.jpg

I agree with ratina, nice work, it's real sharp... and practical too! I like that, while being practical, you kept it really period. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

BankerRAt said:

WAY TO GO

I also think this is right on. :wink:

Back