1953 Rudge, 1 of the Maroon 2

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
started playing with the Rudge this weekend, we'll see where it goes.....

here's the 'fresh finds' shot of the 2 maroon bikes from last weekend. i can't stress enough how flattering this shot is to both bikes, people don't look this much better than reality w/out an airbrush!

DSC01662.jpg

some pictures after putting on a different brooks, straightening the fork, overhauling and installing an old pair of atom pedals i had laying around, overhauling the bottom bracket and (loose ball :x ) headset, some rubbing compound and a LOT of elbow grease. i especially like the rudge whitworth head badge and the matching chainring cutouts.

DSC01680.jpg

DSC01677.jpg

DSC01678.jpg

DSC01679.jpg

Re: Rudge 'Scorcher'

well, that was a fun little project. have a couple little mechanical things to tidy up (straighten crankarms a little, mainly) but it rides pretty well. i 'needed' :roll: something for lunch/errands since the schwinn speedster 'flipped' so quick :D i had just about everything laying around- either as scavenged spares or leftovers from other projects that didn't materialize. just bought 1 rim, some spokes, a pair of grips, and a small can of paint for the stem.

DSC01684.jpg

DSC01685.jpg

Back