• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD 1934- 36 Silver King SOLD

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donald beach

Elder Beach Rat
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a rare classic frame made of Duraluminum, a rarity for the mid 30's. most of these bikes didn't survive the metal recycling efforts from WW2. frame has been lightly sanded from 200 grit through 1200 to remove 89 years of corrosion. my teen grand daughter and i built this up for the newport daffodil run a few years ago, thus the 26 inch fat tire wheels and schwalbe "billy bonkers" tires with silver surfer comic book clippings decoupaged on the rims. single speed coaster brake with modern square taper stronglight crankset mounted with an adapter bottom bracket to go from american to european size. the frame has 2 cracks that were professionally repaired.. very common for these old bike frames. it's been ridden for 2 years with no problems. monarch truss rods, noah's arc slightly curved chromed handlebars, frame mounted brushed metal water bottle with silver surfer decal. sprung leather saddle. local pickup. Newport RI
DSC_9160.JPG
DSC_9161.JPG
DSC_9162.JPG
DSC_9163.JPG
DSC_9164.JPG
DSC_9165.JPG
DSC_9166.JPG
DSC_9167.JPG
DSC_9168.JPG

This is a rare classic frame made of Duraluminum, a rarity for the mid 30's. most of these bikes didn't survive the metal recycling efforts from WW2. frame has been lightly sanded from 200 grit through 1200 to remove 89 years of corrosion. my teen grand daughter and i built this up for the newport daffodil run a few years ago, thus the 26 inch fat tire wheels and schwalbe "billy bonkers" tires with silver surfer comic book clippings decoupaged on the rims. single speed coaster brake with modern square taper stronglight crankset mounted with an adapter bottom bracket to go from american to european size. the frame has 2 cracks that were professionally repaired.. very common for these old bike frames. it's been ridden for 2 years with no problems. monarch truss rods, noah's arc slightly curved chromed handlebars, frame mounted brushed metal water bottle with silver surfer decal. sprung leather saddle. local pickup. Newport RIView attachment 254687View attachment 254688View attachment 254689View attachment 254690View attachment 254691View attachment 254692View attachment 254693View attachment 254694View attachment 254695
This is drop dead gorgeous! I don't know how I missed this posting earlier, perhaps due to the Winter Holidays.....truly a piece of art; the manufacturer and contributions from you and your granddaughter....

Wild how the rear bolts to the dropouts like that and they're not welded.
And the big "nut" that the chain tensioner threads through. Similar to the military frames, but different. ;)
I always think of Joe Satriani "Surfing with the Alien" music whenever I see the Silver Surfer. Just me? Sweet.

@Da Gas Man I'm with ya' brother. The bike and Satriani's music. Two not overly acknowledged works.......

20240102_185508[1].jpg

Latest posts

Back