1890's Copy Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok today I finished the bike. I stained the wooden grips the same color as the seat. Should have tried the sand the seat and shellac it to be a light color . Oh and I finished the front excuse for a brake. I'm not thinking it will do any skids. :shock: It rides nice and I feel like I got real close on copying the original. It was an interesting build , not like what I normally come up with. It really needed to have bigger rims than the 26'' ones and some white tires. The cost on this one was about $8 in some pipe....everything else I already had. Hope you enjoy it.

1890scopybike003.jpg

1890scopybike002.jpg

1890scopybike001.jpg

This was the one I copied....maybe Rms37 will tell us what kind of a bike it really was.

fdbdown.jpg

Its not going to be around too long. I just built it for fun not for keeps. I have so many bikes here I'm running out of room to keep any more. :roll: :shock:

that came out awesome paul! :mrgreen: with your skills,find an oddity that you would like to re-create,and build as a keeper! dont do it for us,do it for the duke! :lol: from my collection of americana,here you go!
DSCN1423.jpg

I think so too....it will be funny to see it all cut up tomorrow, when the real build starts :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Look for it in the build section...my bandsaw is getting more itchy by the moment.

Ill have some pics in a little while ,after I drink some coffee, of it all cut up . :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You do more on bike before 10am than most do in a week. And that includes a trip to the postoffice :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Awesome. I just hope you don't have to make any emergency stops with that bar brake! :wink:

That is an awesome spoon brake. How well does it work?

crt95 said:
That is an awesome spoon brake. How well does it work?
Terrible...but it looked cool.... The bike is now cut up and just a memory . Glad everybody liked it. It was a fun build.
This is the part that I needed for another bike

newbuild002.jpg

I don't understand why you'd cut up the bike and not sell it or give it away? You put time into it and it's a great looking and different bike from the rest. Someone else could have enjoyed that bike. I, for one, would have loved to have a bike like that.

To each his own, I guess.

I built it for fun . Your right I could have given it to someone. I really doubted that anybody would have wanted it. The market is down on bikes in the Houston area and I have lots of bikes I have built ...waiting for the market to come back ....They are everywhere. I cant keep building bikes to flip and not flipping them. I have finished bikes stacking up . I used the center out of this one to build the one I'm doing now. It just gives everybody something to watch. Sorry if you feel like I did something wrong by cutting it up.

Latest posts

Back