15 dollar del mar

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I know, its made in china. but I couldn't resist the $15.00 price tag!! easy flip or???
got it home, cleaned it up, the only thing wrong with it was the seat. it was missing one of the springs. so I stuck the only other seat I had available on it, and whaalllaaaa.

Great price. I would have bought it in a heart beat as well. The big box store bikes are usually fine after greasing all the bearings, adjust hubs, adjust cranks, true the rims...... Many people look down on them and sure they're made in China and not the quality of most older American bikes, but if found for cheap or free they make inexpensive builds or good general knock around bikes. I own and ride quite a few of them myself.

it showed up on cl last night. I was one of six people to respond, but the only one willing to pick it up right away.

this is the bike as it sits now.
repacked all the bearings...they were dry! put some wider bars on it. still don't like the ride. I guess I am partial to the older Schwinn heavyweights. up on cl now for 60, should be an easy sell.

flipped it for 50. these bikes are way to light for me. sounds weird huh? but I am afraid ill brake it!

If you weigh around 250 or more then yes I can imagine these bikes would feel fragile. At $50 someone got a decent priced rider and you made a few bucks as well.

Back