127 yard sale

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for those who dont know the 127 yard runs from michigan to alabama during this week every year. It officially starts tomorrow but i was a day ahead and this was my only day off. first up is a belknap cruiser. id say mid 30's. bought on the same property that floyd landis' bike was bought lasy year. [http://www.wendmag.com/blog/2010/08/18/one-mans-5-bike-is-floyd-landiss-8000-ride/
IMG_7917.jpg

IMG_7924.jpg

i also bought what i believe is a girls monark.(its still in the car in parts). good peeked fenders and a morrow hub and straight wheels. everything else is haggard.

I've been thinking about driving to that 127 garage sale this weekend... but I have been needing to ask a bike guy whether it will be worth the drive! I would have to drive about 1-2 hours to get there, and I would be hitting the highway in the Manchester/Winchester TN area. How is the bike selection? How are their prices? Are they bike people who sell them for what they are worth (too much for me) or are they at yard sale prices ("Its a rusty ol' bike, so its worth 15 bucks")? Also, how big is the bike selection/market? I would hate to drive all that way and come back empty handed!

Jesserd said:
I've been thinking about driving to that 127 garage sale this weekend... but I have been needing to ask a bike guy whether it will be worth the drive! I would have to drive about 1-2 hours to get there, and I would be hitting the highway in the Manchester/Winchester TN area. How is the bike selection? How are their prices? Are they bike people who sell them for what they are worth (too much for me) or are they at yard sale prices ("Its a rusty ol' bike, so its worth 15 bucks")? Also, how big is the bike selection/market? I would hate to drive all that way and come back empty handed!
My wife & I go every year just because it's fun!!!! This will be our 4th year going & I've only bought 1 bike. The prices are usually way too high, you can thank the American Pickers for that haha

i payed 20 bucks for this thing. the lady set up on the outside of the building had a plain schwinn spitfire for 185. the prices have a broad spectrum

i went out today i got a few bikes but i passed on a lot. i cant justify spending $185 on a rusty piece of crap. i haggle with them lol
:lol:

linksandkinks said:
i went out today i got a few bikes but i passed on a lot. i cant justify spending $185 on a rusty piece of crap. i haggle with them lol
:lol:

Ran across this reply while admiring your Belknap. I counted about $260 in parts, and I didn't count them all. That doesn't consider the value of the whole package. I believe you did well. I'd like to see what you do with her.

Back