10 Various Bikes Pulled From the Deserts of Utah!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I was in the middle of West Nowhere in Utah this week, helping my FIL at his desert ranch. We did some favors for a neighbor, and I asked him if he had any old bikes he wanted to get rid of in all his mining and well drilling yards. I ended up leaving there with 10 bikes, mostly old 10 speeds, but with a few muscle bikes, and a couple of cruisers. Most of them are still at my FIL's ranch, as I had my car, not my truck, but I'll be going back to get the rest of them soon.

First is an odd one. It has the name Vainqueur Super de Luxe on it, but the odd part is that the chainring is skip tooth. I don't think it was originally, as it has a front derailer, but only a single sprocket. Very odd.
IMG_1005.jpg

IMG_1006.jpg

Other 10 speeds include an Astra, a Sears&Roebuck Freespirit, and a Peugeot:
IMG_1004.jpg

IMG_1007.jpg

IMG_1008.jpg

IMG_1009.jpg

Notice the S&R has a rear disc brake of a style I've never seen before.

Then we have a S/A 3 speed Sears:
IMG_1012.jpg

IMG_1013.jpg

Next is a Colombia girls single speed:
IMG_1010.jpg

IMG_1011.jpg

My personal favorite is this Rollfast cruiser. It has a really cool rear hub with the name "MATTATUCK" on it:
IMG_1019.jpg

Last are a couple of muscle bikes. I actually have the rims for these bikes, as well, just not pictured. The pink one says "Diamondback" on it, the the second one is unreadable, but the third one is the exciting one to me. It says "Ram-Rod Convertible" on the very cool chainguard, and it's got some odd features, such as two knobs on the head tube, and a stamped (non-tubular) fork:
IMG_1018.jpg

IMG_1014.jpg

IMG_1015.jpg

IMG_1017.jpg

I'm not a 10 speed or muscle bike guy, so I'm looking for information, trades, or anything else you've got on these bikes. The Diamondback, Rollfast, and Peugeot are in darn good condition for laying out in fields.

You got some real nice bikes.

The last is a nice Murray bike with the nobs are for the take off top tubes & the one above it is a Huffy.

That is a nice rear wheel disc brake on that Astra.

dragnusa said:
Ive never seen a buzz bike without the top bars but id snag up everyone of those chainguards I could
X2 those chain guards are cool.

Back