zoobomb? no lot bomb!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok... now i need to build one...

what is needed?

long seat post?

do you change the cranks?

12" or 16"?

oh yeah, i'm 6'3"... :|

thanks!

Make it happen Mastershake!
I collected 7 or 8 of those pixies and lengthened the seat posts and brought them to the ride that night so we could have an actual "race".
People are always throwing them away, and most of the time there aint a thing wrong with them.

October- On my racer I put a smaller rear cog and added a mtb seat post. A set of bmx bars and the fun began! yee haw

Oh yeah, you gotta give it a cool name too. LOL

Here is my "Pinky"
100_1016.jpg

100_1014.jpg

And so, in a fit of (possibly misguided) enthusiasm, I leapt into action, dragged this out of the junk pile and made for the Rat Cave post haste.

startingpointnf5.png

A couple of hours later, after decal removal and some cleaning, I'm left with a frame that's in pretty good shape and ready to be built into a serious pixie racer.

cleanframeve6.png

This is as far as I got before it was time for dinner. Tomorrow: spray paint forks black & rear wheel red.

Total cost for this project will be ~$20 for a set of 16" whitewalls. Everything else that's needed is in my pile-o-parts. :mrgreen:

Actually, this wee bike is destined to be a gift for the soon-to-be-born child of some good friends. Needless to say, this child won't be pedaling for a few years, so I may as well have some fun with it in the meantime.

It cleaned up surprisingly well, which leads me to wonder how many bikes get kicked to the curb because they're grungy and therefore "junk"?

"Pinky" is awsome kenny p

-Mp

Dam ya'll are buildin' some purdy pixies. Heres my rat pixie that I threw toghther the day befor the FYDO ride. The bike cost me $3 at a yard sale, the handlebars are off a junk BMX that I pulled out of the weeds and the blue glitter bannana seat is off of my very first bike from around 1974. The most expensive thing on this bike is the can of WD-40 that I used to free every thing up. Note the kustom fit, Alabamma chrome grips, I spared no expence on this baby...Kelly
img0507ej5.jpg

kenny p said:
Make it happen Mastershake!
I collected 7 or 8 of those pixies and lengthened the seat posts and brought them to the ride that night so we could have an actual "race".
People are always throwing them away, and most of the time there aint a thing wrong with them.
The local bike kitchen has some kiddie bikes that have been there for ages, and a long seat post.
I'll get on it!

I had the honor of taking Nogoodnics mighty steed for a couple of laps at the FYDO. It's one tuff little critter and gives a good ride! :D

Now I'll have to get some "sitting pretty" pics of the Can/Am pixie or as I like to call it,... the manhood grabber! And a pic of my pixie that went to Canada but couldn't keep tubes on it.

I'm also working on a new Secret Weapon Pixie that is gonna take the Canadians by storm! But no pics just yet!

Hey Kelly, if Tony decides to do the pixie hacks and you go to Canada this year, You wanna team up. I think we could dominate in the hack division! :mrgreen:

nice kenny!

does the pinky have 12" or 16" wheels?

also how tall are you?

thanks!

Bassman....that was fun to watch! Ypu gotta love a gal with road rash :lol:

October.....Pinky's got 12 inchers, and I'm '5-7" :mrgreen:

Chainsaw said:
I had the honor of taking Nogoodnics mighty steed for a couple of laps at the FYDO. It's one tuff little critter and gives a good ride! :D

Hey Kelly, if Tony decides to do the pixie hacks and you go to Canada this year, You wanna team up. I think we could dominate in the hack division! :mrgreen:
Thanks for the compliment Chainy. We would dominate a hack race if it is all down hill and we can use our weight to our advantage. I don't think either of wants to pedal the other around :shock: ...Kelly

i GOT A SAAWWWEET idea for a pixie last night, I need to get the bike that i want for it from a friend.

Latest posts

Back