Zep frame and other stuff

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Picked this up over the weekend. The good part was it came with a pair of braced bars and a wheelset (mismatched). The bad news is the chainstay is a little bent (easy fix) and the top tube has a hole in it (weldable), but there's more! A piece of conduit stuffed in the seat tube. Why would someone do that, because the orig seat post is down in there too. I dont have the special seat post locking collar but I do have a quill type seat post that might work once I yank the conduit out and pound down the old post.
09188.jpg

I pulled a badge off a ladies Wards Hawthorne that was hanging in the shed, so that is done, and a Sam-Sco donor bike gave up it's rear axle adjusters.

Since I have a pimped out version of this bike's cousin,
031911b002.jpg

Kind of neat you can see the remains of the same pinstripes on the frame..I wonder how a Monark Springer would look on this rig, HMMM

camera died but the wheelset is one rear tripplestep and a front lobdell. Oh well.

Also picked up a Raleigh road bike and a Volvo V40 wagon.

nice day for you Walker :)

the zep frame has a nice original patina looking to keep it that way ?

what about the volvo what year ?

My bottom bracket is the same as yours Tailwind, the chainstays are offset. That's interresting, I hadn't noticed that before...I havent had a moment to check my 36 Rollfast, it's probably the same though.I'll let you know

There is a pretty good lip on the inner end of the conduit. I think i can make a special tool that will hook onto this, then i can bang it out, kind of a rudimentary slide hammer type arrangment if that makes sense.

Walker said:
but the wheelset is one rear tripplestep and a front lobdell. Oh well.

Ahhhh, I just noticed this from your original post.... The Twin Bar I bought a while back came with a front triple step and a rear Lobdell. Separated Franken-cousins?

Walker said:
Could be..want to work a trade, I'd like a matched set of tripplesteps? :D

I thought you might say that :D Shortly after I bought the Twin Bar I was able to buy another triple step to complete my set... (I REALLY wanted a complete set also.)

Latest posts

Back