ZEN

Dec 12, 2012
Here is my finale shot was hard picking one but I think this one shows the bike best
IMG_9046.jpeg

Heres my second pic

IMG_9020.jpeg

IMG_9072.jpeg

IMG_9061.jpeg

Heres where I started
IMG_8021.jpeg

More stuff to come just wanted to get it in on time

Heres my build link
https://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/zen-i-think-im-finished.111497/

This bike is a 1930s Marshall Wells Zenith that had kind of a YinYang chain wheel on it when I got it
so that's how I came up with the name . And we all need a little peace and understanding right now with all that's happening in the world .
If you have a Snyder fastback and it's a Zephyr you call it a Zep so I guess this is a Zen .
Newest parts on it are the Schwinn mini apes the grips and the tires the rest is old stuff and nos old stuff .
The wheels on this bike are probably the nicest set I have ever had show chromed drops with thick spokes true and spin awesome they where originally off one of the Royal Flyer bikes I bought years ago but I did not know they existed until I bought them from the same guy I bought the frames from
this year .
Paint on this bike is probably my last full paint job found a good powder coater for future projects and having some breathing problems so time to quit .
Pretty much used up my parts stash on this one but happy with the results .
Kept it pretty clean just a head light speedo combo tail light and one home made gizmo ( the battery can ).

If I get a thumbs up from the Black Monarch It would be as good as a win as his bikes are the reason I wanted one of these bikes so bad and his leather work on seats also inspired me to do a few of those as well.

Thanks for all the great comments and likes from all you guys and good luck to all .

Last edited:

kingfish254

CHECK OUT MY SALE THREAD FOR COOL STUFF!
Pro Member
Aug 31, 2009
Historic Savannah
www.ratrodbikes.com
Great looking ride! Glad to made it in time. Nice work on this one!
CONGRATS!