Your happy place

Jun 13, 2015
US occupied MA
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As a kid, I used to go out to the skeletal lighthouse on Marblehead neck on my bike.

fullsizeoutput_23.jpeg

Luckily today, especially with the pandemic, it's our property surrounded by ponds and woods. Old phone takes lousy, dark photos.

IMG_7655.JPG

IMG_7653.JPG
IMG_7654.JPG
IMG_7656.JPG

Captain Awesome

Lord of Irrelevance
Pro Member
Aug 9, 2012
Sunny SC coast
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Jun 13, 2015
US occupied MA
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Gorgeous. My wife wants to visit Greece one day. Maybe after the world rights itself
There's so much to see, especially factoring in all the islands so IMO, prioritize what you want to see or do and don't expect to see everything in one trip so you can really enjoy it. I'm a history person, so that was my priority and I was surprised that one of the best things I saw was Olympia. I don't care about the Olympics, so it held no significance for me other than being the former site of one of the Seven Wonders of the World, but the museum was well setup, the relaxed little town attached to it was quiet of tourists, and the grounds seem to hold a spirit of peace to them. Only other place I experienced what felt like a space's emotional soul was the Colosseum, but completely different feel. Also, the food was really cheap and fantastic and I'm not a huge fan of a lot of Greek staples, like grape leaves and eggplant despite being part Greek (pastitsio, though . . . and the pastries). Now I'm hungry. I also wished I brought a flashlight with me to Mycenae to go through the Tomb of Agamemnon.

Apr 26, 2020
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m lucky in that my wife’s folks retired on this island. They’re awesome people, my father in law is like a mate. he’s tuff as nails. has a small vineyard and a a couple hundred olive trees. was still climbing the trees a couple of years ago at 75 years of age, shaking the olives out of em. Grows just about everything they eat. Lefkas is about a 4 hour drive from Athens airport and the only Greek island linked to the mainland with a bridge. no need to get on a ferry. some of the best beaches in Greece with SAND not pebbles. check out Porto Katsiki, Mylos beach, Egremni, Kathisma, Agios Nikitas and Gialos. Not well known or party island but awesome place.

The Bike Wall BOXKARS Clyde James Cycles