You know you have a problem with bicycles when...

Jul 16, 2019
America's Friendly Hat
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a box of odds and ends and weird bits that I'm looking for a place to use. Best item is a small "EJECTOR SEAT" sign. I cracked it a bit when I tried mounting it on Duck Norris after some wiseguy told me my seat was unrideable.

Reactions: borntoride
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Hi I'm Kevin and I'm a bikeaholic . . ."

The forum inspired me to use this item and a kitchen item. The zeppelin ornament comes from the Studebaker pedal car thread. When I saw that antenna topper on the Stude' I picked one up off ebay. Then I remembered all the posts on RRB that use spoons for brake straps and got the idea to use a serving spoon handle bent at a 90 as a bracket for the zeppelin ornament.
20201104_093957.jpg

Jun 10, 2018
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like those panniers. Where are they from?
Got them on eBay, made in India. Not really the best build quality but they were kinda cheap, when I bought them, they've almost doubled in price, according to my purchase history. One, the straps broke, repaired it, replaced the straps, then straps broke again. So, might get somethign a little more substantial eventually. Just the thin straps can't handle the weight in them...need to go to a wider belt maybe.

Hah, no, it's a JC Higgins Simpson Sears. CCMs have been hard to find lately....picked up an AMF Roadmaster the other day though.

Sep 26, 2012
Chicago, IL
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Got them on eBay, made in India. Not really the best build quality but they were kinda cheap, when I bought them, they've almost doubled in price, according to my purchase history. One, the straps broke, repaired it, replaced the straps, then straps broke again. So, might get somethign a little more substantial eventually. Just the thin straps can't handle the weight in them...need to go to a wider belt maybe.
I've had my eye on I think a similar set of ebay/amazon panniers and wondered how good they were.