You have got to be kidding.. Seriously??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
The Huffy Verona I just picked up has PLASTIC cranks!!! The plating has worn off and there are surface cracks starting. What were they thinking?? I'm thinking lawsuit territory right there..

It does have a nice looking frame, however.

Not really even close to a mountain bike.

Has this become normal for the low dollar bikes now?? UGH!

The Huffy Verona I just picked up has PLASTIC cranks!!! The plating has worn off and there are surface cracks starting. What were they thinking?? I'm thinking lawsuit territory right there..

It does have a nice looking frame, however.

Not really even close to a mountain bike.

Has this become normal for the low dollar bikes now?? UGH!

Holy cow plastic?! Are they plastic 3 piece cranks or one piece? If they are 3 piece they were probably going for the "look we have 3 piece cranks at a really low price!" Either way I feel like that's a lawsuit waiting to happen if somebody snaps one and bites the handlebars while taking it off a sweet jump haha

Huffy used plastic covers on the crank and brakes of the Aerowind. Looked like Campy bits, worked like Huffy.

I rode the bike this morning in the rain...figured I couldn't hurt it....and I do hope they are plastic covered....Yup, 3 pc cotterless. I'll be popping them off and investigating further as the BB is crunchy under load, I discovered.

For a $5 bike I guess I can't complain. A bit of elbow grease and a tiny bit of bicycle grease and it is a very ridable bike. I can't figure out the "suspension" seatpost.....it is very slow in reacting to weight....for me it would be better solid.

Check your chain it could have Just picked up a bunch of sand
Yup, cleaning the chain is on the to do list... but the crunch is in the same pedal position each time, so I suspect the BB is most likely in as good a shape as the wheel bearings were (Preloaded about 1/2 a turn!!????$!)

I think I MIGHT need to return this to the scrapyard guy I got it from for warranty repairs...:crazy::grin:

Latest posts

Back