yikes!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is crazy. Looks like some Large Marges/ Endomorphs crammed in the Humuhumu frame. That model originally had 26x3" tires on so it might work. Pretty cheap Surly Pugsley that way.

Kinda wish I would of bought that one from socal_jack now.

man he had to of big time cman!Why go through all of that to still only keep a coaster brake?You would think with all of that he would have set up a disc mount or v brake mounts in the rear.

It doesn't look like there's a coaster on there to me, just an anchor tab for one. Maybe it's fixed. :? Flotation tires and small drive sprocket good for impassable goo, stopping is probably not an issue as much as maintaining forward progress, and rear rim brakes are easy to clog when "goo" riding. :|

no thats what Im sayin.Youve got 100 pounds of tires and only a front disc!!If its fixed he better have the legs of a clydsdale to track skid that thing!!HAHA

What I was getting at was that it's probably purpose built for riding in sticky slop. If you stop pushing, you stop moving. :x Next thing you know, your feet are bare, 'cause your shoes got suctioned off. :shock:

Re: yikes!!! now with more glam

I finally finished Yikes.
this bike started as a typical kona humu... until i found a surly large marge / endomorph wheelset for sale.

ba da bing.. transformed into a pretty fun fat tire bike.

obviously the endomorphs (26x4.0) did not fit the kona. even though it was the 2007 humu, with the kenda flame 3.0's.. the endomorphs are just plain huuuuge. like motorcycle tires.

i had the rear triangle re-tweeked by a local welder (who owns an original cooks bros 26" cruiser) and picked up some surly pugsley non-offset forks. the front was easy. the pugsley forks easily support the endomorphs. the rear was a whole 'nother battle.

the welder had to shave off the lower triangle so the cranks would rotate.
thats the part with the SUNDAY! BMX decal. he had to reinforce that area with pure steel.
the bike weighs a ton.

the next struggle was the chainline. the way that the rear triangle came out, i only had a few millimeters to run a singlespeed cog in the rear. the locknut was too thick and i only had a few mm's to adjust.
i had to move the front chain ring on the inside of the spider in order for the chain line to work. i was surprised it did. if i couldnt get it to line up, i would have had to invested in a new BB spindle.
once the chain line lined up, the rest was easy.

this monster glides across the sand like its hard packed dirt.
the tires are so big that it constantly over-steers on every turn.

a list of goodies:

serfas grips
tektro brake lever
skull skates cruiser bars
knight repro stem
gt bmx repro padset
twentyfour cockring seatpost clamp
brooks b72 saddle
E13 38t chainring
FSA RPM 175mm cranks
VP pedals
salsa QR's
avid bb7 brakes 185mm rotor
surly 19t rear cog
2 surly tugnut chain tensioners
bontrager hubs

started as a fun sand project. ended up being a pretty cool ride. easy to pedal and fun as heck to blast around town!

cheers

added a rear brake. The frame had no disc mount or canti mounts. i used a brake therapy adapter and a harley davidson mirror mount clamp.

Latest posts

Back