YETI Coolers

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I looked up YETI coolers, they also sell can coozies. Only $30, I like a cold brew but I'm happy with my 99 cent foam coozie.

I still have the silk screens, it could be a YETI too. :D

I have no idea how to silk screen, but I was thinking about your YETI graphic when I bought this. Can you send me a copy of the graphic?

I dont' own a Yeti, but I can tell you it is nice to have your beverage cold after 8 days in the cooler

Packing the cooler for the Middle Fork of the Salmon, 2 summer ago.

yeti_zps0zyjmtto.jpg
[/IMG]
yeti_zps0zyjmtto.jpg

Last edited:
So is that their selling point?.....super long cooling capabilities?
That is the main point. People use these on Grand Canyon river trips that last 16 days with proper packing/prep. For the average user, they are overkill.

Some models are Grizzly proof too!

That is the main point. People use these on Grand Canyon river trips that last 16 days with proper packing/prep. For the average user, they are overkill.

Some models are Grizzly proof too!

I've never even heard of them until now. I just see the stickers on the back of every Jeep in town.

Keeping stuff cold that long is pretty amazing.

16 days involves a lot of prep work, prefreezing the entire cooler with supplies. Usually a group going that long will have 4-5 coolers (1 on each boat) and each cooler is for a different set of days. 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 9-11 etc....

The biggest thing I have found is keeping your cooler out of the sun and only opening it once or maybe twice a day, a wet hessian bag laid over it is good during the hottest part of the day too...

I have kept ice for a 14 day camping trip using that method and an old stripped bar fridge as a cooler, I froze blocks of ice for two weeks before in old ice-cream containers, the bigger the blocks the longer they take to melt... ;)

Luke.

I don't own any real YETI products.

I'm not knocking them (since I don't actually have one), but I personally don't have a need for a long range cooler, so I can't justify the cost. If I where crossing a desert and my life depended on it, I would probably be more interested in a cooler that keeps ice for more than a week. Most of the times that I actually use my cooler, it's just for a one day excursion.

The reason for my 'vintage cooler' was a joke just to make the guys with there rear window YETI logo decal status symbols envy something that they haven't seen and can't go buy! :envy: :21: :emo:

I received a (relatively 'normal' sized) Yeti cooler as a gift, it does outperform a generic Igloo or Coleman over several days of camping.

Nothing ruins the vibe of a backcountry camping trip like driving an hour or more each way, to town, for more ice... ;-)

I received a (relatively 'normal' sized) Yeti cooler as a gift, it does outperform a generic Igloo or Coleman over several days of camping.

Nothing ruins the vibe of a backcountry camping trip like driving an hour or more each way, to town, for more ice... ;-)

After seeing that pic I'm starting to forget the cooler, that looks like a perfect place.

After seeing that pic I'm starting to forget the cooler, that looks like a perfect place.

it was pretty good: 4 days with zero passers-by, and saw a mountain lion. :)

they are crazy money. I could never justify it. the lunch box size one is like 240$. wife bought me a gift pack for fathers day with the hat and travel mug. I like the hat but feel kind of like a poser wearing it, I don't have a yeti cooler just a travel mug. the travel mug is one of the best ive had, its way better than the bubba travel mug that are stainless inside. I do have a couple other good ones but the yeti is definitely nice. there is another brand that is similar, I think K2. ive seen them at the offroad park. if I was spending that much, I would be tempted to buy an ARB fridge.

Love the old yeti screen paint on the old cooler, very cool!

I have a YETI 50 in locked up in its permanent home in the back of my FJ. I purchased it this spring as a refrigerator mostly to keep water and food cold throughout the summer. I stock food, water, and staple items, mostly for lunch. Hot meals in the park on nice days. I also have a butane stove and plan to build a chuck box. More on point, I add a big bag of ice every 4-5 days in this Midwest summer. Open the thing 3-4 times a day on weekdays. Weekends are variable. Very happy with it. If you are using a cooler on day or weekend trips, you don't need one. However, the cooler that started this thread would look great sitting next to mine for stabilizing the temperature of my dry goods. Love it.

Latest posts

Back