yesssssssss..Monark Super Deluxe!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nabbed this off CL for 50 bucks. he posted it up friday night around 8:50. i just woke up from a nap at like 8:57 :D. i called him up and told him i was waaaay going to buy it but i was goin to bloomington for my sisters college graduation ceremony saturday and sunday was mothers day so the earliest i could get it was monday. he said it was his bosses. they were cleaning out the shop and the boss man said what ever you sell it for, you can have half. he didnt have it with him friday or i would have made the two hour drive that night. so i told him im not gonna ask him to hold it because i know how Craigslisters always flake out and he would still get a million calls on it all weekend. so i said ill call him sunday night and see if its still around. then i called him right back and ask him if he had a paypal account and ill just send it to him, he could pull the add and then its on me to get it. and tada! it was MINE! if you have a train light and battery tray for sale, let me know.
im gonna change the wheels and tires. the front wheel/tire is off a road bike. the seat is a lobdell air cushion emery(probably not original). if your monark knowledged please chime in :D. i also added some thick and thin lines to this pinstriped panel i did and gave it to him for middlemanning the deal and not disappearing with my paypaled money :mrgreen:
Monark005.jpg

Monark008.jpg

Monark007.jpg

panel003.jpg

Hey, now we have the same bike :) Mine is missing one more part than yours though :( If you find a train light, see if they have a rack for me :) or better yet if they have two train lights :D

Wow that's a real score :!: it look's verry original even with the missing front ligth set up :!:

YOU STINK!!!!! :lol: Just kiddn', but you got the deal of the century on that! The cheese grater on the rear rack's worth $50!!! Also, this is an early one, it would have had the pedestal fender light, I can tell because it has a seperate rear reflector and bumper. The later versions w/the train light like mine have the 1 piece reflector/bumper. -Adam

Rustinkerer said:
YOU STINK!!!!! :lol: Just kiddn', but you got the deal of the century on that! The cheese grater on the rear rack's worth $50!!! Also, this is an early one, it would have had the pedestal fender light, I can tell because it has a seperate rear reflector and bumper. The later versions w/the train light like mine have the 1 piece reflector/bumper. -Adam

ya know i noticed that too. the seperate bumper/reflector setup. so think this would be like a 48 maybe? like this one in this pic (http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt ... s%3Disch:1)

i was thinkin of buyin this one of MM. (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26465). but if its not correct and wont fit that would be a total let down. i havent looked into monarks mch cuz i never thought i would ever stumble on one. havent had much time to research it yet either. thanks for the info :D

I need help with identifying that too. Not sure which headlight goes on mine. Can one of you smart members identify what I need if I get a close up of the mounting holes on my front fender? Mine's not all original, I don't even know if the fork is a re-pop or not. Still, I want a light that will fit it.

100_7029.jpg

100_7033.jpg

You know you really need these Monark wheels I have for sale to complete that bike, LOL

Monarkwheels1.jpg

Monarkwheels2.jpg

Monarkwheels3.jpg

Monarkwheels4.jpg

Monarkwheels5.jpg

backpedaler said:
did you kiss him?!! :lol:

just butterfly kisses :lol:

cman said:
Good score for you. Good thing he didn't flake.

yeah, it was worth the risk. and it feels good to know there are still honest strangers out there.

and joe i saw those in the sales section. they would be sweet on there but i just picked up some new to me but old to the world wheels and whites from a buddy.

WOW, WOW, AND WOW :mrgreen: :lol: Thats an awesome deal :wink: I guess that some people have all the luck :( :oops: :lol:

hah thanks guys. i seriously have crap luck 24/7. i dont understand how this happened :?: :lol:. anybody have a good paint safe method to removing surface rust? i know i can revive the original maroon. i heard oxalic acid but im havin a heck of a time trackin some down. also does anybody know if this takes the monark pedistal light or the monark train light?

I've been using this method for removing rust. It's nice and easy. Won't harm paint or chrome, but if you have rust that is actually eating into the metal, it will be coated in black oxide, which is difficult to remove. I haven't done any surface rust chrome or paint, but it is supposed to wipe off easily from these surfaces.

http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-remove-rust

i'm a big fan of the oxalic acid. works great on chrome, and i've also used it on some painted parts.
my local aco hardware used to carry savograns wood bleach, but now i order it here:
http://www.ronshomeandhardware.com/12OZ ... e=googleps
put some water in a big tub, a few spoonfuls of the bleach, then add your parts. after a couple of hours wash the parts with soap and water, scrub with a scotchbrite pad, then soak again if needed. hope this helps.

harquahalas, your bike is like mine, yours takes trainlight just like mine. i'm currently attempting molding tanks and the light for my second firestone. I could always carve some from wood.

Latest posts

Back