Year of Hiawatha?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for the year of this bike and also if someone has a site I can link to so you all don't have to do our dirty work LOL. Serial number is WG 3605-1732548

Lori013.jpg

Lori012.jpg

Lori010.jpg

Lori014.jpg

Thanks again for all the help,
Nick

Well I did stumble across that list but I was a little confused by it. If the bike is a murry and I follow the "W" then it should be a 63. But what confused me is that in 65 they started stamping the serial number on the left rear dropout and that is where it is located on our bike. Thank you for posting the link to those numbers and I will be sure and book mark it.

Thank you,
Nick

I'd guess 61-65 with that chainguard, though the fact that it has a single top tube would make me lean toward the latter end. Yet, it has an actual metal badge with rivets, which were replaced by decals around the mid-late 60s. Gambles bikes are stamped differently than any other Murray built bikes, so they're tougher to pin down. There's an old thread on the Cabe site that goes into some detail about Gambles as well as others, but the dates they came up with are mostly several years off. -Adam

Latest posts

Back