Yah! Can't wait to bleed my derailleur!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that Dutch bike is hilarious. I'd bring that to the Witches Cup bike race like I did Retro Rocket.

I imagine hydraulic disc brakes make sense on serious mountain bikes, but I can't see needing more power than the mechanical ones I've used for my sloth-challenging riding. I'm a weirdo who doesn't mind bleeding the brakes on a car, so I might not mind having to do it on a bike, which must be a lot less of a pain than doing a car by myself (I don't have a fancy bleeder, I just zip a hose to the bleed valve and run it into a container of old fluid where the hose is submerged and I brace the brake pedal against the seat bottom whenever I need it held down).

On the other hand - I love those :21:

There should be somekind of law against this...:confused:
e7ltxcg9xt931.jpg

Bleeding brakes on my car wasn't bad. When I had to replace and bleed the cylinder in the hydraulic clutch, it was aweful. Nunca otravez!

I think that Dutch bike is hilarious. I'd bring that to the Witches Cup bike race like I did Retro Rocket.

I imagine hydraulic disc brakes make sense on serious mountain bikes, but I can't see needing more power than the mechanical ones I've used for my sloth-challenging riding.

When it comes to bleeding bicycle brakes you just need a simple & cheap kit that uses syringes to produce pressure. Hydraulic brakes (I mean the better ones, not some basic models like the Shimano MT200) heve much more stopping power than mechanical brakes. You just need a very short pull of the lever to stop the bike almost in-place. For someone that rides fast & on the city streets, where practically drivers, pedestrians & other cyclists act like their the kings of the streets, you need all the stopping power you can get. It's a common thing on the streets of Warsaw that cars try to turn straight on your path, pedestrians walk on bicycle roads & other cyclist ride without even looking (literally). From this season I will be riding with a dashcam on my bicycle, so I'll definitely share how it looks here ;)

Here's my 1x6.

70172927_10156880632938191_8991482015194808320_n 5.53.21 PM.jpg

Apparently, in some European cities that are on the coast of the Atlantic, where there is a lot of wind, people do put tri bars on utility bikes all the time. People also put tri bars on touring bikes because of the hand positions.

Latest posts

Back