"Y" not??? UPDATE 1-8

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the first mock-up of the flip-frame I'm workin on. I've since modified the BB location and started on a tank for it.
001.jpg

Re: "Y" not???

Looks GREAT! Another first! I can't believe how many new ideas are presented on this forum, and how easily they are SHARED. Thanx!

Flex in the rear is certainly a concern. At this stage I had a 200 lb guy sit on it and flex was minimal. I only weigh about 140 and have since added another bar in there. Plus that is THICK tubing and plate down there and I have access to a really nice argon-equipped Mig and the skillz to back it up. But if it does break it should be a really funny story for someone!!! :mrgreen:

I was worried for you, but you seem confident. After all it will be your story to tell. :) Wicked design man, you have brass ones. I wouldn't have tried this in my most drunken state. I can't wait to see it complete.

very very cool the best bike i have seen come from on of those type frames. as long as the welds are good i say go for it just no curb hopping. very well done and again this is a bike that makes me want to get a welder jussstttt a little more. excellent work.

Re: "Y" not??? UPDATE 12-19

Here's the frame in its current state. You can see the adjusted BB, the reinforcement at the rear, and the beginnings of the tank.
100_0508.jpg

Re: "Y" not??? UPDATE 12-19

Really nice transition from one size tube to the next. Great blending of the two. Right now it looks simple AND complicated. Think twice before you ADD something for decoration. This is turning into a serious bike. My two cents, it doesn't need to look PRETTY. What I like best: "Your proving that you don't have to fabricate something STRETCHED out to look cool." 8)

Re: "Y" not??? UPDATE 1-3

Alright, got the tank finished, frame painted, and handlebars made.

100_0686.jpg

Next I'll be painting the rims (black) and wrapping the handlebars with some grip tape. Also on the lookout for some headlights and a seat. And whatever else catches my eye. My girl already said she would pose in a bikini on it when it's finished. But you guys probably won't get to see that :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: "Y" not??? UPDATE 1-3

The bike looks great so far and is definately unique.

I'm still trying to picture where the chain will go. It looks like the rear arms will be in the way of the path of the chain. Maybe it just looks that way, though, since I'm only looking at a photo and not the actual bike.

Have you put a front crank and sprocket on it yet to see how the chain will run? Just curious.

Keep up the good work. We're all looking forward to seeing this one on the road.

Latest posts

Back