XXX Corvette...Now CCC Project

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: XXX Corvette...Done (probably)!

I like the subtle "sleeper" vibe you've got going on. It takes a lot of vision and restraint to pull off something like that without going overboard. Most people on the street would see it as a well maintained old bike, some of us know better. Nice job!

Thanks! I know we're not supposed to discuss just what constitutes a "rat rod bicycle", but I think we can talk about what they represent. It's anti-establishmentism on 2 wheels.

Most rat rod bikes are the equivalent of a 29 Ford, with a Deuce grill shell, a flattie with 3 Strombergs, a Zephyr box with a 2-speed Columbia, painted in red oxide with salt crusted undereneath. Or they're a '55 Chevy 210, with a 454 and slicks, painted flat black. Folks look at them, and immediately know what they represent.

This one's a little more insidious; it's a Jaguar XJ6, with a little bit of rust around the wheelwells, a small block Chevy, and Koni coilovers with Eibach race springs.

Or, we can go this way...

corv.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

That's the ticket!

OK, we'll just forget the theme thing. I built it the way I wanted it; there just happened to be a buildoff on, and I wanted to get a bike on the "finished" page one time in my life. I'm happy with it. If I get one vote in the buildoff, I'll be ecstatic. :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back