BO15 XLR8

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my chain in the mail and got the top tube welded in. I kinda rushed it so I didn't get any in-progress photos. 10ft of kmc chain should be plenty.
TAdIjWj.jpg

Here is the method I use to "cheat" when i'm fabricating stuff from square tube or angle iron. I cut a wood scrap on a miter saw to figure out what angle I need.
dePM6NJ.jpg

The top tube is the rocker from an outdoor rocking chair. It had a nice curve to it already.
MSwUlmn.jpg
nice, now I have to keep and eye on you. geez

That pass through chain guard is awesome! Nice work on the forks.

What?? Is that hand activated somehow?

It's just a fixed rod to secure the arm in place, but it does emulate the look of a brake rod on a motorcycle. The brake arm can't fit horizontally because of the swing-arm design. I mounted it with the arm vertically and then there is an adjuster on the other side of the rod to take into account sliding the wheel back in the dropouts.

Love the rocker top tube. With that camo paint scheme make sure you don't take you photos in the woods otherwise we can't really see the coolness of the bike! :D
That brake arm brace gives me a cool idea. Thanks.
GREAT BUILD!!!

Latest posts

Back