XL comfort cruiser (renamed)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wel, since i'm really hooked on building bikes, and still have a very limited amount of space, i'm replacing my commuting bike (a light modern MTB) with a new homemade bike.
I can't really say it will be a quick project. In fact, it'll be real slow, since i really don't have a lot of spare time these days. Not that that is a bad thing, cause our newborn son Ben is well worth the trouble of course.
It'll not be low like most of my other builds. But, it will have the 26" 80mm rims which i've already laced up.

I love downhilling (too) hard.... i recently cracked one of my forks. A marzocchi 888, cracked it at the mountingpoint of the shaft. I'm not using that for downhilling anymore, so it needed a new cause.

Enough talk for now. Onto some teaser photo's:
DSC_0243.jpg

DSC_0241.jpg

DSC_0240.jpg

DSC_0239.jpg

I have to make some adapters to make a normal 100mm front hub fit this fork. Just drew them up, and hopefully this week they'll be fabricated in our machineshop (i know, i know, but lack of time makes lazy)

Anyway, that's it for now. When the pressure of posting a design sketch get's high enough, i might just do it.

Re: New Daily cruise Project

yeah its a shame the MTB industry doesnt really have anymore triple trees besides the $1000 area
cause they really make a plush ride.
My MAD MAX with Marz DJ and springy brooks saddle feel almost like a full suspension.
Hope to see more of this project

Yeah that really is a shame. But a lot of worn forks are available secondhand. They still work great on a cruiser.
I've just printed the framedesign 1:1 and it's going to be a big bike! I really like the line. I think its a little different, yet somehow familiar.

Got the rear wheel laced up with a 7sp nexus hub with rollerbrake.
1292446831-picsay.jpg

:shock: those be big wheels :mrgreen:

Heheheh, nowhere in the Netherlands. Flat as a dime down here.... So mostly germany.Here's a pic of Winterberg:
IMG_2229kl.jpg

Yeah, the style probably mostly follows from the fact that i can't roll tubes, just bend 'm. But i must say i kinda like the straight tubes and bends. So i'll most likely continue down this path :)

Wow that frame is hot as heck... greetings from belgium and merry x-mas

Looking good! This one looks much less cramped for you to ride than the previous build. With all that front suspension travel I fear the bottom of the frame will contact the ground on the first real bump. :|

Latest posts

Back