X-53 scavenger hunt

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This tired old X-53 found me last week. Super grungy and missing parts, good luck finding them right? Plans are to find what parts I can, and improvise on the rest.
As I found it.
IMG_0940.jpg

So far all I've done is pull the old Dayton tags from the rear wheel, and switch out the Goodyears for a set of cheap whitewall riders that I've grungified to match the rest of the bike.
IMG_0958.jpg

Over the weekend I managed to track down a Rocket Ray headlight (thanks CCR!) and a pretty nice tank w/horn from another forum. So what I still need is the X-53 headlight top, correct pedals and grips, and the reflector lens for the rear. The search continues...

Great score,it allready looks good :!:

Got my Rocket Ray yesterday, I wanted one with bad guts so that I wouldn't feel bad converting it to modern LED. Had to remove some of the battery contact area to make room for the new light.
002-2.jpg

Not too bad for a single bulb, may end up gutting the entire inside and installing MORE POWER argg argg argg.
001.jpg

SWEET BIKE!! WAY TO GO!! I'LL BE WATCHIN'!! :shock: CWAZY WRATTER!! PEACE

Thanks man. Found correct grips (thanks pick!) and my tank should be here soon. I still need the rear stimsonite reflector, so if anyone has one please let me know. I would love to find the X-53 headlight top, I guess there were repops made at one time?

Awesome bike dude! I'd trade you those grips for it?? :lol: :lol: But then you wouldn't have anything to put em on. I'd give my right arm & maybe even a foot for a bike like that. (might be kind of hard to ride it with only one arm & foot though!) How do you guys find this stuff? :?: :?: :?: :mrgreen:

Mounted the grips and headlight tonight, it's slowly getting there :) . Need to paint the headlight at some point. Found a rear reflector on the bay, so that should be here soon.
IMG_6039.jpg

I've read that someone made a repop of the headlight top at one time (borrowed pic below), if anyone out there can point me in the direction of one please help me :idea:
x53headllight.jpg

Got my tank in the mail today, horn is not working but I think it can be fixed. I'm finally happy with the progress so far :)
IMG_0971.jpg

Came home today and found my rear reflector in the mail. Getting tough to fight the urge to clean this bike.
097.jpg

Latest posts

Back