X-53 Rats?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have this frame I bought cheap & am trying to find out what direction to go with it. I know I can't afford to go restored or original. I'm wanting to rat it, but would like to see what some of you guys have done with an X-53. I only have $20 in this one so far. The forks on it were just scrounged up from my parts pile. I love this frame style! A tank would be nice, but expensive, so may go without one. Here is the starting point.

x53%20001_zps1a7afd4c.jpg

Here's my version....

P1020715.JPG

This one was built fairly quick, kind of a last minute deal. My plans for it was to give it a 6" stretch, which I think would enhance the long look that this bike has.

One of these days Ill get around to it.

Both bikes are very cool! Wish I had the original springer for mine. It will have to at least have truss rods of some sort.

Mitch: Looking forward to seeing the stretch version! :roll:

KansasRollFast said:
Hey Pick ill rat mine out. You know i cant go back origional with my stuff!

Hurry up & do it, so I can steal some of your ideas! :lol: :mrgreen:

Ratfink1962 said:
be original man! do your thing so we can steal ideas from you :mrgreen:

I just kind of steal the idea & then bend the concept to fit my needs, so that makes it original right? :?: :mrgreen:

It's getting harder & harder to figure out something that hasn't been done on this site!

This was just a parts holder frame that might have had potential but I didn't have the tools or motivation to continue.......

Due to this piece of ingenius engineering from years gone by.....so it has been passed along.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back