WOULD BE NICE TO FIND THIS...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
This stuff always amazes me...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0315764857

imgp3166zt0.jpg

imgp3167ju9.jpg

imgp3168ny9.jpg

imgp3186dx7.jpg

Bridgestone's were great bikes. Their MTB series had some great frames. I would like to find Trek's from the early 80's.

I went to a swap meet a while back and a guy had piles of Mint Schwinn, Motobecane, Peugeot and Raleigh roadbikes still in the boxes from back in the day.

Quad butted tubes, reminds me back then you'd see signs asking people not to squeeze or tap the tubes cuz they'd dent so easy. Had a Bridgestone MB-1 or 2 back in the day loved the light weight but that frame didn't last too long, Ritchey pushed it just a little too far.

wow is that beautiful. and tempting. I ride a 1990 RB-1, owned it since new. It is equipped with it's third groupo. Was 7 speed Suntour when new, then switched to 8 spd Shimano, and now 9 speed.

658363964_fc29fbf772_b.jpg

5 days to go and 14 bids, a high of $303 but it has yet reached it reserve. Why does he waste everyone's time with the auction? Reserve should be starting bid and go from there.

Ebay is a funny thing. I'm not sure why, but my experience has shown that setting a reserve creates activity and the more activity and bidding you can get the better. I've started stuff off at what I wanted without a reserve and never got a bid. I guess some folks believe that the reserve is set a lot lower and want to see if they can hit it.

I watched a couple of these NOS 80 Bridgestone road bikes in the boxes sell for $600 plus each about a month ago on Ebay.

I like anything new in a box..! It would feel like Christmas all over again.I would park it right next to my Bridgestone black Kaboki.."To keep it company" :wink:

Latest posts

Back