Worth anything?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I picked up this little Firestone Bronco yesterday and was wondering if it was worth anything much? I paid $15 for it. It has a nice dragster style Carslile dragster tire on the back, and a Firestone Super Cushion tire on the front. Proceeds went to a charity so that's why I got it. I usually do Prewar Cruisers and TOC stuff. Should I just clean this up and pass it on to a kid to ride? I can fix the rims. No problem.
photo 3.jpg
photo 2.JPG
photo 1.JPG
photo-80.jpg
Is there any real monetary value there?

Neat little bike. I saw a Western Flyer like that on eBay the other day.

I dig the idea for it too, that will get him a good start in the hobby.

I'd value it a solid $75+ The sissy bar is fairly unique as well as the banana seat. It would be nice to do a build with a youngster in maybe a nice red metallic paint job, you know, something that would make his buddies jealous too!!

Actually I would be interested in the front tire for a Firestone bike I have, mine has a pretty ratty one on it now. I would even be interested in the chain guard and head badge if you want to let loose of them. Let me know.

That's pretty unique! DON'T part it out! A Huffy muscle bike guy or a young collector would love to have that bike, just as it sits. The chainring is pretty early for a muscle bike. What's the serial number on the frame?

Anyone know if that seat is original to the bike?

I'll chime in that the parts are worth more than the whole, but there is more value in the whole by creating a unique bike that will make other kids jealous. If you can shine it up nice, that would be a really nice rider.

One possible suggestion: those original tires have real value, especially to collectors. You wouldn't be hurting the "cool" factor of the bike by getting a new Kenda or Duro for the front, then a new Duro Slick for the back. The kid will appreciate the better ride quality, and guys like Old School will appreciate having a genuine tire on their collector bike.

I would value the rear around $40-$50 depending on he real condition, and the front at $4000.00.

(Sorry Old School, just kidding). Maybe $25 for the front? But their worth what someone will pay, of course.

That's what I'd say too.
If you're not going to keep it as a collectors item, sell those original tires to a guy who needs them for his vintage bike and use new ones. Maybe even sell that head badge or other parts you don't really care about, then build the bike with the kid as a fresh muscle bike.

Anyone know if that seat is original to the bike?

I'll chime in that the parts are worth more than the whole, but there is more value in the whole by creating a unique bike that will make other kids jealous. If you can shine it up nice, that would be a really nice rider.

One possible suggestion: those original tires have real value, especially to collectors. You wouldn't be hurting the "cool" factor of the bike by getting a new Kenda or Duro for the front, then a new Duro Slick for the back. The kid will appreciate the better ride quality, and guys like Old School will appreciate having a genuine tire on their collector bike.

I would value the rear around $40-$50 depending on he real condition, and the front at $4000.00.

(Sorry Old School, just kidding). Maybe $25 for the front? But their worth what someone will pay, of course.

Thanks Crash glad to know you're looking out for a buddy. Haha
Seriously though Junkhunter I agree, if you have a kid in mind for it or something like that I would definitely go that route, more important to get it in the hands of a kid that can enjoy it.

If the head badge is desirable you might be able to find a reproduction decal from someone like Bruce Crawford. You could sell the original head badge and replace it with decal. The kid won't care, and the collector will appreciate a nice head badge.

The chain guard would be a sketchy call in my opinion. I believe old school wants it because of the screened emblem. You might be able to find a replacement, but it would be hard to match the paint which would affect the "coolness" of the bike. That's why I think it would be a sketchy call.

Ahh the bike gods have been good to me, I was able to get a head badge and a chain guard today but I could use the front tire if it ever comes available.

All of this is pretty interesting. I run across bikes similar to this fairly often. Give me a couple of days to consider my options. I have another nice blue huffy downstairs that he may like better. As for me, i like my old 3 speed yellow Schwinn Fastback. Got it a couple of years back from the original owner. Fun to ride.
IMG_3418.jpg
Crazy though. One day I'm riding a Fastback, the next day an 1893 Victor high wheel. Quite a contrast. but that's what makes this fun.

Latest posts

Back