world earth z

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
85f004a39a940cb19798c2c2c8b9d207.jpg

It's a 90's Roadmaster ladies MTB flipped, bottom bracket is from an old K-Mart 10 speed. The seat tube from the ten speed fits inside the seat tube on the MTB. I drilled a couple of bolts thru both to pin it all in place. Zombies Dream has been set up as a single speed with a rear rim brake. 20" front wheel brings what is now the frame's top tube to level. Painted the whole thing including the rusty apehangers a nice satin bone color with some highlighting of satin white at the fork ends and rear dropouts. Foam pipe insulation is sculpted to represent "muscle" bringing new meaning to that genre... pink fire caulk, red paint and a lot of Sharpie work continues the look. The "Head" badge was created from the front of a dolls face, with the left eye socket cut open and with the mouth opened as well. The oversized blue eye is a valve stem cap silicone caulked in place with a scrap of flannel tying it all together, matching some bits of flannel elsewhere on the bike. A little voodoo zombi is there as well, with a bundle of feathers behind the seat and a beaded mojo chicken foot keyring created to hang on the bars. Did I mention a LOT of Sharpie work? Ratty carmel seat, matching grips, and a horn finish the amenties. This is the second Roadmaster I've flipped and the geometry just rides so nice. The frame is strong and nimble enough. Now when I see ladies bikes I look to see the lines upside down. First there was ALiEN FiRE, now there is Zombies Dream. Hope you like it!

Carl.

Last edited:
85f004a39a940cb19798c2c2c8b9d207.jpg

It's a 90's Roadmaster ladies MTB flipped, bottom bracket is from an old K-Mart 10 speed. The seat tube from the ten speed fits inside the seat tube on the MTB. I drilled a couple of bolts thru both to pin it all in place. Zombies Dream has been set up as a single speed with a rear rim brake. 20" front wheel brings what is now the frame's top tube to level. Painted the whole thing including the rusty apehangers a nice satin bone color with some highlighting of satin white at the fork ends and rear dropouts. Foam pipe insulation is sculpted to represent "muscle" bringing new meaning to that genre... pink fire caulk, red paint and a lot of Sharpie work continues the look. The "Head" badge was created from the front of a dolls face, with the left eye socket cut open and with the mouth opened as well. The oversized blue eye is a valve stem cap silicone caulked in place with a scrap of flannel tying it all together, matching some bits of flannel elsewhere on the bike. A little voodoo zombi is there as well, with a bundle of feathers behind the seat and a beaded mojo chicken foot keyring created to hang on the bars. Did I mention a LOT of Sharpie work? Ratty carmel seat, matching grips, and a horn finish the amenties. This is the second Roadmaster I've flipped and the geometry just rides so nice. The frame is strong and nimble enough. Now when I see ladies bikes I look to see the lines upside down. First there was ALiEN FiRE, now there is Zombies Dream. Hope you like it!

Carl.
I love it. The head badge is especially and grossly unique, thought I'd seen most everything on a bike. So much creativity, get some fun screams this Halloween!!

I love it. The head badge is especially and grossly unique, thought I'd seen most everything on a bike. So much creativity, get some fun screams this Halloween!!
Thank you my friend.
Now how's your bike coming along?

Carl.

Well it's been hanging in the rafters now for a month... The geometry on the flipped bike is right on, it's such a nice rider. ALiEN FiRE is too. So now every ladies MTB I see as a flip bike project. I suppose ya all have burned out on the zombie builds... Merle is happy.

Carl.

sent from a banana phone...

I pretty well have mine finished as is shown in pics, just haven't figured out how to mount the crossbow.

Haha I toyed with the idea of getting that bike... It's an odd and funky frame. Now let's see your gear on the bike.

Guitarl.

sent from a banana phone...

Still working on it.
150334bf357110158dc3f5c55af31beb.jpg

I'm at a standstill on the moped til parts come in, so I'll be tinkering on this a bit.

Sent from my N817 using Tapatalk

Still working on it.
150334bf357110158dc3f5c55af31beb.jpg

I'm at a standstill on the moped til parts come in, so I'll be tinkering on this a bit.

Sent from my N817 using Tapatalk
These shapes! What are those handlebars?

These shapes! What are those handlebars?
Those bars are from an old D.C. area public transit bike, apparently the bikes were used in many cities worldwide.
There are some good pics from the last muscle bike build off, in the thread of the Renaissance man.

Oh! Yeah Ive seen similars! Never occurred to me that they might actually be cool in a different setting. Well spotted.

Haven't forgotten about this one, just sitting aside for now.
When the Ohio weather steadies I'll spring clean my garage, I just cut up a bunch of bikes to build one. I've got a mess.

Anyway, the plan has changed a bit.
Rather than weigh it down with guns and bows and swords, I'll go more bug out bike. With just the necessities.

I think I'll do a camo swirl paint, and carry basic food/water/shelter stuff.

I hope to finish it before summer ends.
Good thing I arranged this with no time limit....
But honestly, Carl took this one off the charts with his zombie bike. Nothing I do with my bike will be that awesome, so props to you Merle.

Hope for an update in the next couple weeks.

FWIW, just like a real zombie my bike broke a weld the other day... and the red fire caulk I used is also starting to get a bit crusty. It's really a zombie now! So I'll get the welder out and fix the break, maybe add some fresh gook. It's also capable of running a dérailleur, I just have it direct drive now, maybe some gears would be cool...

Carl.

This is cool. Seriously liking the theme builds
JUMP IN.
This is an open ended, no losers build off.
There are 2 survivors and 1 zombie so far...

Carl.

Haven't forgotten about this one, just sitting aside for now.
When the Ohio weather steadies I'll spring clean my garage, I just cut up a bunch of bikes to build one. I've got a mess.

Anyway, the plan has changed a bit.
Rather than weigh it down with guns and bows and swords, I'll go more bug out bike. With just the necessities.

I think I'll do a camo swirl paint, and carry basic food/water/shelter stuff.

I hope to finish it before summer ends.
Good thing I arranged this with no time limit....
But honestly, Carl took this one off the charts with his zombie bike. Nothing I do with my bike will be that awesome, so props to you Merle.

Hope for an update in the next couple weeks.
So, two months later....

Finally put on the 2.50 sunlites I got a few months ago.

3396dab99f50d6fd20bf63607aca3b68.jpg

9dee9201d9ad5d761845b28cb11879b2.jpg

Plenty of clearance in the back, I can get my pinky nail between the tire and the stays.
80c6371694c7852ae6c49323ff2d414a.jpg

That's all I have right now, think I'll switch out the grips and maybe make a fishing pole holder. Then it's strip down and repaint.

Latest posts

Back