world earth z

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's to darn hot and humid to be in the shop today, but I did find some of my parts.

63b54120694b1df02e9ce9512e6ba28c.jpg

I'll use this frame, it's a Taiwanese built schwinn. CroMo steel, so it should be strong and light enough.

4ee44ebec9d8a177e5232fc8491531a7.jpg

Got these bars from Kingfish, specifically for this build. There's room in front for a bed roll, cause as we all know....hunting/running from zombies makes you tired.

That's it for now, still have to dig out a few more parts and tools of the apocalyptic trade.

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

Where are you planning to mount the grenade launcher and water filtration device?
Never thought about a grenade launcher, but I do have a cross bow.
There will be some add ons, like water filtration and Whatnot.
I'll need to do some shopping at thrift store, the local surplus store and maybe some dumpster diving.... good thing there's not time limit on this one.

ok so fast zombies or slow zombies? WWZ has fast zombies, WD and D of the D have slow zombies...

Carl.

sent from my banana phone...

ok so fast zombies or slow zombies? WWZ has fast zombies, WD and D of the D have slow zombies...

Carl.

Theoretically, a fresh zombie would be able to move around quickly as there's less decomposition.
Only after a couple days would they begin to slow.

So, if you're thinking multi speed it is feasible.

As you can see I've got a little travel left in the bb height, which also adjusts the chain length. IF I use this chain ring I have to use bigger chain so no multi speed and not much adjustment for chain length. I could solve a bunch of problems going multi speed, and swapping out chain rings. I don't like it as a scraper either so I'll be pulling out a different crank too. But the stance is right where I like it.
c6d3b4eadd447b0cd9c411cef5fe13ee.jpg

957e593a83367438525ea9fab1569d0e.jpg

It's so cool that old cheapo ten speed frames' seat tubes will fit inside a mtb seat tube.

Carl.

Last edited:
Theoretically, a fresh zombie would be able to move around quickly as there's less decomposition.
Only after a couple days would they begin to slow.

So, if you're thinking multi speed it is feasible.
That's usually the case...
But did you see World War Z?

Carl.

As you can see I've got a little travel left in the bb height, which also adjusts the chain length. IF I use this chain ring I have to use bigger chain so no multi speed and not much adjustment for chain length. I could solve a bunch of problems going multi speed, and swapping out chain rings. I don't like it as a scraper either so I'll be pulling out a different crank too. But the stance is right where I like it.
c6d3b4eadd447b0cd9c411cef5fe13ee.jpg

957e593a83367438525ea9fab1569d0e.jpg

It's so cool that old cheapo ten speed frames' seat tubes will fit inside a mtb seat tube.

Carl.

Now I have to do an inverted frame.

That's usually the case...
But did you see World War Z?

Carl.

Not the whole movie, but I saw enough previews. I saw the entire horde running thru the streets like they were in Pamplona.

if you're going to run upside down dropouts then you need something to keep your axle from slipping up and out....
a716ef6f027c7637b17c5171fce98d05.jpg

I use big fender washers drilled and tapped... there's actually a bit of wiggle room left.

Carl.

Last edited:
the other thing I do, is after I've got my chain line straight and tightened by the original seat post bolt, I drill another bolt thru the whole thing...
8c477cb96d04e65ee15513915936f1a8.jpg

see the brass bolt...

Carl.

The redundant bolt seems like a no brainer, but the dropout situation would have been trial and error. Saving us a lot of time with these hot tips. Thanks Carl.

Give my best to Merle. Hope thinks work out OK for him...

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

The redundant bolt seems like a no brainer, but the dropout situation would have been trial and error. Saving us a lot of time with these hot tips. Thanks Carl.

Give my best to Merle. Hope thinks work out OK for him...

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
I did try it before without the bolt, but it slips, could weld it...

Merle said "Shh, the zombies are close by..."

Carl.

Well, my build is gonna need a rear rack to carry stuff.
I have a Nel Lusso with a built on rack, I could cut it off and weld it to the schwinn.
Or I could weld on inverted rear stays, or just buy something at the LBS.

Any opinions?

There's two ways to look at it.
Quick like you had to grab and go... or Sturdy like you were ready for it...

Carl.

sent from a phonebooth...

I am willing to put one together, have this old super heavy rusty frame from BONINE that may make this MBBO Zombie build...

Apes, a mini banana... hmmm
wassup with this zombie?

Carl.

There's two ways to look at it.
Quick like you had to grab and go... or Sturdy like you were ready for it...

Carl.

I'm a prepper, so I'm leaning that direction. But at the same time, I'm liking the idea of build it on the cheap.

I'm gonna paint the thing with bed liner, so if I make ugly welds it won't matter.

Latest posts

Back