Worksman Newsboy seat tube length

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Does anyone know what the seat tube length of a Worksman Newsboy is? Also about what is the fork length (A-C)?

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure I have all kinds of PDF stuff, catalogues and parts lists from the Worksman website, but they're all on my computer at work. Won't be back until Thursday.

Seat tube is 18". I remember measuring this one:

843064_10151460556961737_1295963698_o.jpg

Last edited:
Mid 90s until ???, Schwinn Cruiser Supremes (and Suburbans...same three bar frame) came in 17", 20" and 22". King Size Schwinns in the mid-60s is a 20" frame? There are tall versions of some Colson, Snyder, Schwinn and ??? from the '30s, around 19"-20".

There are cruisers (usually advertised as hybrid cruiser-mountain bikes...or just hybrids) from the '90s and early aughts that have various sizes (Mongoose (Zuma? and others), Diamond Back (Voyagers, etc), GTs (various 'streamline' models) if you include camelback style frames).

That's what springs to mind...I'm sure there are more.

Even though I'm not that tall, I always had my seat stem way high on cruisers. One I'm hoping to find one day is a King size Schwinn frame, 20" made in the early 60's. All their other cantilever frames are 18". same goes for most older cruisers that are cantilever. My Hawthorne (Rollfast) from the 40's had a 20" frame. I looked for an oversize 26" frame, no luck, everything is 18" or less.

Cool I'll just keep an eye on ebay and locally until I find a frame. I want to build a klunker but at 6'2" I would have so much seat post on an 18in frame it would look silly and I am not a huge fan of layback seatpost.

Dang shorter then I was hoping. Are there any easy to find steel cruiser frames that have like a 20-21in seat tube? I guess there is the M2600 but I don't really love the straight top tubes.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
I think that the INB and M2600 have the same dimensions, the difference being the angle in the top tube. And the Newsboy looks a gazillion times better. Have you checked out the Schwinn Heavy Duty? They're made in different sizes, but anything larger is hard to find. They're tougher than Worksman, lighter, and some have canti bosses, if that's important to you. I think @ind-chuckz is the guy who has the info.

I think that the INB and M2600 have the same dimensions, the difference being the angle in the top tube. And the Newsboy looks a gazillion times better. Have you checked out the Schwinn Heavy Duty? They're made in different sizes, but anything larger is hard to find. They're tougher than Worksman, lighter, and some have canti bosses, if that's important to you. I think @ind-chuckz is the guy who has the info.

According to Worksman the M2600 is bigger. They say it is a 20in frame size on their website.

I thought all Heavy Dutis where the same size.

The M2600 is the one I would get if I were getting a Worksman, it is 20". But I like a curvy frame also, so I'm looking for something else.

Mid 90s until ???, Schwinn Cruiser Supremes (and Suburbans...same three bar frame) came in 17", 20" and 22". King Size Schwinns in the mid-60s is a 20" frame? There are tall versions of some Colson, Snyder, Schwinn and ??? from the '30s, around 19"-20".

I'll probably just keep my eye out for a pre-war Schwinn in 20in size since really that is what I think I want. I was thinking about the Worksman because of the raw ones that are for sale through the webstore.

I want one of these someday. Picture a 27.5 suspension fork and disk up front, 26 and vees out back, maybe a few internal gears or single speed...
View attachment 117294

Matti, hit up ‘ind-chuckz’ he has the frames on the cheap all the time, it’s where I got mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool I'll just keep an eye on ebay and locally until I find a frame. I want to build a klunker but at 6'2" I would have so much seat post on an 18in frame it would look silly and I am not a huge fan of layback seatpost.

I looked for a long time, and finally found a king size on here. Not for a Klunker, but a muscle bike I could ride at 6'2".

Here's the picture to give you an idea.
20190511_080812.jpg

According to Worksman the M2600 is bigger. They say it is a 20in frame size on their website.

I thought all Heavy Dutis where the same size.
Yeah, I think the extra 2 is from the straight top tube, the angle cuts off the corner. But I could be remembering wrong. And as for Heavy Duty sizing, I think I had that confused with Humuhumunukunukua'pua. I'll be quiet now...

I'm 6'2" and really don't see the need for tall frames on bmx or klunker bikes...I'm rarely on the seat anyway, and if I am, I'm just cruisin'...so full leg extension isn't necessary :grin:. Full leg extension is for road bikes :rolleyes:.

Latest posts

Back