Wonder rat finished

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all, I got my rat done in the most traditional way possible, quick, ratty and lean. Didnt have much time to do this build. I got the frame a couple weeks ago and didnt decide to build it till I had the seat fall into my lap. And then the search was on for necessary parts. I posted my intentions to join the build off and the race was on!

My double bar frame looked fast laying on the floor, so I kept with that theme and kept it lean.

Thanks. I love the stripes on the wood rims. For me it was a no brainer to use them on this bike. The long front triangle of the frame and the low and back seat just make it look fast. Got quite a few comments and questions today while at the park. Admitadly, this is the first fixed gear bike I have ever road and that takes some getting used to. Lol

Perfect patina and grouping of parts and details.
BRAVO!

I know this is an old thread but I was just going through old posts and stumbled on this one.
I normally dislike straight tube bikes but this looks good.
Proportions are just right (to my eye). I have one similar frame and it just may be that I´ll do something with it, now when I´ve seen your version.

Last edited:
So, who all made such double-bar (no-drop, no-tank) frames, for stores like Shapleigh Hardware St. Louis MO - Davis, Mead, Schwinn, Worksman?
upload_2018-7-22_12-41-16.png

Are they from the teens, predecessor to (before) the motorbike style, or concurrently produced?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back