(WITHDRAWN) Vintage Bikes and Bicycle Parts Lot for Sale or Trade

Nov 24, 2019
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AD WITHDRAWN DUE TO THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC. WILL UPDATE AND BUMP AD WHEN I FEEL IT'S SAFE TO SELL AND TRADE AGAIN.
I need to downsize my collection of bicycle projects and parts, so I’m selling everything that I don’t have an immediate use for as one complete lot. Asking $450 or best offer. Local pickup in Sapulpa, Oklahoma. I am open to all possible trades, but there are a few specific things I would trade for, which I've listed at the bottom of this post. Additional photos and info available upon request.
DSC_9171.jpg

Included in this lot:
---Chain guards
DSC_3100.jpg

DSC_3105.jpg

---Forks (the forks in the middle of the semicircle have substantial damage.)
DSC_3108.jpg
DSC_3110.jpg
DSC_3111.jpg
DSC_3109.jpg

---Handlebars (the 2 that are circled had been welded to the goosenecks.)
---Handlebar grips
---Goosenecks
DSC_3102.jpg
DSC_3104.jpg
DSC_3103.jpg

---Cranks & sprockets
DSC_3106.jpg

---Pedals (8 matching pairs, 18 individual left pedals, 24 individual right pedals, and a few parts & pieces)
---Training wheels (1 pair + 4 other non-matching wheels)
DSC_9180.jpg
DSC_4215.jpg
DSC_4219.jpg
DSC_4221.jpg
DSC_4223.jpg

---Fenders
DSC_3099.jpg

---Fender braces
DSC_3101.jpg

---Wheels & tires (3x 26" x 1 3/8 wheels & tires, 1 27"? front wheel, 2x 16" "Pixie" wheels, 1 16" x 1.50" "Clipper" tire, 2x 14" x 1.75" "Top Flight" tires, & 1 8" x 1.50" tire)
DSC_3107.jpg
DSC_4227.jpg

---Kickstands
---Seat posts
---Seats (the one with the red X on it is not included)
DSC_9176.jpg

---Pedal tractor parts
DSC_9178.jpg
DSC_3116.jpg
DSC_3117.jpg
DSC_3118.jpg

---A girl’s Columbia tank
DSC_3114.jpg
DSC_3115.jpg

---Schwinn Suburban 10-speed crank, sprocket, derailer, brakes, fork & fender
DSC_3113.jpg

---Basket
---Rear rack
---Micro bike for parts or repair
DSC_3112.jpg

---26” Skiptooth Montgomery Ward/Hawthorne boy’s bike frame (seat tube is slightly bent, but I’ve been told it is fixable.)
DSC_92082.jpg
DSC_9217.jpg
DSC_9211.jpg
DSC_2988.jpg

---26” 1950s/1960s Goodyear Columbia boy’s bike (frame has at least 1 rust hole that I know of.)
DSC_9220.jpg
DSC_9222.jpg

---26” 1950s/1960s girl’s bike of unknown make
DSC_9223.jpg
DSC_9225.jpg
DSC_9227.jpg

Some of the things I’m looking for:
---a Schwinn DX or Straight Bar tank, rear rack, chain guard, or other parts and accessories for those frames
---26” springer front forks
---26” Mooneyes Discs
---a Dana 3-speed bicycle transmission
---3-speed shifters, 3-speed coaster brake hubs and/or wheels
---big banana seats and sissy bars
---other parts and accessories
---oddball muscle bikes, like a Murray or Huffy
---a Sears Spaceliner
---a Swing Bike
---a 26” Schwinn Double Straight Bar (Tornado, Typhoon, Skipper)
---other bicycle projects, preferably balloon tire bikes, space-age 1950s/1960s cruisers, and other oddball bikes

Even if you don’t have anything that I’ve listed above, but you still have something you’d like to trade, don’t be afraid to ask! The worst I can say is “no.”

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: The Renaissance Man
Jun 5, 2010
Cadillac, Michigan
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I have a Dana 3 speed transmission but the only thing I can use is the purple Schwinn sting ray guard. post a better pic of the Peddles all layed out so people can see what you have.

Nov 24, 2019
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Dana 3 speed transmission but the only thing I can use is the purple Schwinn sting ray guard. post a better pic of the Peddles all layed out so people can see what you have.
I might consider parting out my collection at some point, but I would much rather try to sell/trade everything at once right now. I'll try to get some additional photos of the pedals sometime this weekend.

Nov 24, 2019
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d be interested in the chainguard off the girl’s, if you are willing to part.

This one.
Okay, well right now I'd like to keep everything as one lot. Oddly enough, I just started parting that bike out to save one of my other project bikes, so odds are that I'll need to change this listing after this pandemic is over. Right now, I'm putting the sale or trade of my lot on pause. I don't want to risk getting sick or getting someone else sick.

Nov 24, 2019
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just so you know, that's a Murray Astro Flight.
I'll have to take another look at the forks. I though I saw an "H" when I looked at them yesterday, but it was tough to see through the rust. I bet you're right though. Did they ever sell Astroflights in Purple/Pink? I saw traces of what looked like the original color on it yesterday.

Nov 24, 2019
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump, but not for the usual reason. I'd like to wait to finalize any sale or trade of my lot until a vaccine for the coronavirus is readily available. I don't want to risk getting sick or getting someone else sick. If you are interested in my lot and want to know more about it, feel free to send me a private message. We can work out the details while we wait for this pandemic to pass.

• Wow
Reactions: sandman
Aug 15, 2016
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Wait for a vaccine....why? Do Bikeflights they will pick up at your porch. Once package arrives a week later it will be safe. You can Still live your life just be smart and wear a mask. What state do you live it? Take care

Jun 11, 2012
Visalia, CA
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
I'll have to take another look at the forks. I though I saw an "H" when I looked at them yesterday, but it was tough to see through the rust. I bet you're right though. Did they ever sell Astroflights in Purple/Pink? I saw traces of what looked like the original color on it yesterday.
The one I have for my wife came in a light purple.

Astro.jpg

Nov 24, 2019
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait for a vaccine....why? Do Bikeflights they will pick up at your porch. Once package arrives a week later it will be safe. You can Still live your life just be smart and wear a mask. What state do you live it? Take care
It's just not worth risking my life, a buyer's/trader's life, or the lives of those responsible for shipping anything, should I choose to go that route. Yeah, I'd like to sell or trade my lot ASAP, but right now, it's not as critical as staying healthy.

Also, I live in Oklahoma, one of the few states to not issue a statewide "stay-at-home" order. That makes me even more concerned for my health and the health of my family and friends...

Jul 16, 2019
America's Friendly Hat
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah covid has changed the calculations for me. It has to be a very desirable item for me to even consider checking anything out, and then, I will take any and all precautions too! Gotta think about the future, not just my collection. Good for you, putting your ideals ahead of finances.

Reactions: Bike from the Dead
Nov 24, 2019
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah covid has changed the calculations for me. It has to be a very desirable item for me to even consider checking anything out, and then, I will take any and all precautions too! Gotta think about the future, not just my collection. Good for you, putting your ideals ahead of finances.
Thanks. Yeah, this whole pandemic's a bummer, but it's better to be safe than sorry. I can always sell or trade stuff when everyone has access to a vaccine. In the meantime, I can at least work on the few bikes I have. Heck, I might even go ahead and see if I can build up that Hawthorne and that rusty girl's Spaceliner (or whatever it is) I planned to sell. The girl's bike has already donated a few parts to save one of my other project bikes, and it'll be a good bike to test this oxalic acid bath I've been wanting to use on some of my other bikes. If I'm lucky, it'll even look purple again! Take care and stay safe Matti!

Reactions: MattiThundrrr